Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: To Spammers, Read This

I don't think adding rooms is going to make anything easier. Just the opposite. This gives far more opportunity to post things in the wrong section(in fact I thought that the fakes section in the verified files was a waste. Why check for fakes, it's verified we want).

People who want to post nonsense should limit it to the lounge, isn't that what the lounge is meant for? As long as what is posted in the lounge is tastefull within the limits of this forums community, it shouldn't really matter whether it is spam or not. People who don't like spam should stay away from the lounge.

I agree with FC as far as things turning into debates, but the posts where the smiley's outnumber the words should normally be considered spam if they continue within the same thread or if several people are doing it within the same thread.

Most of the time I don't see a valid reason for 6 or 8 people to all respond with I agree or something similar unless maybe the thread is being treated as a poll. Along those same lines would be the people who can't control their responses to what they view as stupid noob questions better not asked. No need for several people to respond with rude or angry replies. If you don't like the question don't answer it(if the answer is so obvious to you, you could just as easily have answered it and have had done with it as post a rude reply).

After having said that I also agree with FC when saying that smilies let people know what you really think about something. But adding some meaningful words to those smilies would probably go quite a bit further.

Kinda drug on a bit but that's what I think.

Oh yeah, just because the verifieds are gone doesn't mean the forum has gone downhill. I really only used the verifieds as sort of a what is out there kind of guide. Once I know the movie exists, the auto search option will weed out the fakes as well as give me plenty of sources
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Well I do quit,maybe come back in a couple of weeks.....if that.People want to think we do shit on purpose,we make the MODs job harder...even though some of us have tryed to help them here and there.Let some of the people past me up in post...since everybody thinks that is what I am all about.Can live with out this place.....has gone down hill anyways with all this and that lately...just tired of it.But they look tired of us also.

Ahhhhh yeah did'nt quite a few of you say you wanted more rockers.....well we rocked...did not even rock that hard.Stoped picking on the NOOBs there for awhile even....but still it was something about us...just the few of us.Cya guys....other forums out there.

FC B)

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Poster
    Is it OK if you spam with style.

I agree (sort of with FC) that one man's spam is another man's debate. Just because you do not understand a point yourself does not necessarily make it less valid. Neither does it make it spam. Though I cannot really see the point of posting three smiles, two winks and a snigger. You have to say that carefully. In fact isn´t it a film

It can also be fun sometimes, I have had a reet good laugh at some of the strings in the lounge section. In fact I even tried to have a spam string, unfortunately NeoS didn´t join in propperly so it fell away. Could this be some sort of reverse psychology thing. Ask him to spam and he won´t.

I have also had some fairly serious debates, particularly in the "Did You" string re anti-war marches.

My opinion, occasional free association of thoughts and ideas is a good thing.

Habitual posting of mindless drivel is a bad thing.

Cheers

JimF

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Well FC is leaving, the guy who started a new style of spamming which he calls debates.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    FC-Why are you quoting me? What did anything I had to say have to do with you? Nothing.

Hey whatever I'm not a mod here and anything I said was directed at "a certain member" who had his site spammed yesterday, and fact is you are right. There are a lot more boards out there.

I just don't get it, if this place sucks so much why post 70 times a day here? I just don't get that thinking. When I get bugged by a board I post less, not more.

Then again I'm not part of the "Old Boys Club" that laments the loss of memeber I never even saw here and tells us just how lame the board is now.

Is it too hard for people to cop to their own stuff? I mean I flame people, I admit that, I accept the 1 PM a week I get about cursing and flaming and I move on, I don't try to justify it with excuses about how the board and n00bs suck.

I really don't like being quoted like that man, you always seem cool to me, but being quoted like that (and the following text) makes me feel like I am being called out in public, and for what?

Me?

I skip most posts by people who post 50 times a day so I really don't give a crap what anybody does. Have at it.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    FC dont leave man!!Dont let 'em get to you,just do what your doing as it makes me laugh and im sure others out there feel the same...

IMO the mods are way out of touch...i would like to have seen mods on here with a personality somone like Datamore or JimF..both of whom i respect.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    To Martha

If you're still reading.

I love the whole idea. This is the internet, the forefront of modern technology, the last frontier. the bastion of free minds.

This is the Kazaa lite forum. The sharers. Fuck the big business. Fuck people who want to limit us. We will share what we want when we want. You won't stop us.

We will encourage DoS attacks on KazaaGold.

We will do and say what we want.

Except could you possibly do it in the lounge, cause we don't really want spamming here.

Here's a thought. The chap who started this thread is quite new. Though he claims to be experienced elsewhere. He has managed to spread more discord in a couple of days than anything I have seen here. Who is doing the forum more harm. Do you really want it neutered.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Cheers

JimF

PS If you think this is spam please feel free to move it, or delete it. If you want I'll send you a book to burn.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I said this to FC in pm and I will say it here:

People start threads about him and the n00bs he bashes seem to like him for it, so that in itself means something.

Apparently the quote was not being used against me, I just get touchy cause even when I don't mean to I seem to piss people off online, and I think FC is cool and funny as hell.

My 2¢

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Poster
    SJ...your cool as fuck man and certainly dont piss me off....we need to spread some love on this board man....(takes a toke on my spliff)

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by TBO@19 February 2003 - 22:34
    SJ...your cool as fuck man and certainly dont piss me off....we need to spread some love on this board man....(takes a toke on my spliff)
    I don't always agree with you SJ, however I've got too agree with the big eyeball.

We need more characters not less.

Cheers

PS see my earlier about who makes the site better and who makes it worse.

PPS make raw not war

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast