Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Lost Clusters...

..in fact i'll bet you that's what it is..

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    hmm.. i deleted ALL the dat download files and it seemed to be downloading stuff and running ok.. so i tried to open Excel (which it has been crashing on regularly after KaSaA has been in use.. ) Crash..!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    H/o, are you using KaSaA or KaZaA? Ive never heard of kasaa, and if you got that, it could be a virus.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    lol i been using it for years but i was just spelling it wrong.. the build's are in the first post

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mcdudex@29 December 2003 - 22:17
    Norton Speed Disk better than defrag
    FYI Norton speed disk is a program to defrag

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Old Fella
    Suggest you try fully uninstalling and removing all traces (do the usual things like AV sweep, ad-aware, clean registry, then reinstall current version - 2.4.3 or higher (recommend Clean 2.4.4) - go HERE to download. If that doesn't do it then I'm buggered if I know.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    When KL++ starts to download a file, it hasn't allocated space on the hard drive for the WHOLE FILE. Windows usually just thinks the file is 0 BYTES in size till KL++ exits properly.

If KL++ crashes, these files are corrupted because windows still thinks they're 0 BYTES in size, but the space those files used is still used!

A Scandisk, chkdsk/checkdisk, Norton disk cleanup whatever will fix this until it happens again.

HOWEVER, do NOT try to run Scandisk, chkdsk/checkdisk, OR Norton disk cleanup while running KL++!!!
    (It can seriously corrupt a hard drive in theory...)

In short, it's a WINDOWS bug... although if KL++ crashes you could call it a KL++ bug if KL++ was 'at fault' for the crash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12