Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Increase Quality Of Mp3

Originally posted by Samurai+15 January 2004 - 19:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai &#064; 15 January 2004 - 19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ...CBR Vs VBR
    Constant Bit Rate or Variable Bit Rate?? Well, if you want your music to have the very best in quality, I&#39;d choose CBR. If you want your music to sound like &#39;Mïcrösöül°V³&#39;s&#39;, choose VBR. He probably doesn&#39;t have a clue what this is either.... [/b]

you were sounding very smart and superior until this one.
    VBR is as good - or as crappy - as you set it up to be. If you encode as VBR at %70-80, you can get 192 quality at a 160 (or less) filesize. This doesn&#39;t amount to much if you&#39;re downloading just one file, but it really adds up if you&#39;re downloading that 5 CD box set. I&#39;ve had no complaints with any of my VBR rips, and will continue to encode that way.

<!--QuoteBegin-Samurai
    @15 January 2004 - 19:27
    ...Hope this helps the less informed, although I&#39;m thinking they stopped reading after the first paragraph...[/quote]
    ...probably because of the nasty, condescending tone of your post.

2. Music   -   #32
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Samurai@15 January 2004 - 19:27
    I can&#39;t understand why people download mp3&#39;s at such a shit bitrate. I get even more pissed off when people try telling me about fixing/repairing mp3&#39;s with screeches and/or distortion in them.

If you download an mp3 at 96k bitrate, you deserve to have shit music.

if you download an mp3 at whatever bitrate and it does indeed contain screeches and/or distortion, for the love of god delete it. Don&#39;t attempt to repair or otherwise fix the mp3 in question. I want my music to be as pure and &#39;straight from cd&#39; as possible. It&#39;s like saying you can have a second hand car, or a second hand car which has 3 different models welded together.

Stop being lazy and download your music at a decent bitrate.

As for those that are downloading mp3&#39;s that are containing distortion or whatever, what the hell kind of client are you using? I&#39;ve been using WinMX since Napster fell to it&#39;s knees and I&#39;ve been lucky enough to find 3 files containing crap music and even then it was because I never followed the &#39;Rules&#39;.

Average Length Of File
    If you see your song, for example, &#39;Tenacious D - Tribute&#39; shared by many sources with a file length of 4:07, why are you going to download one of the same title from 1 or 2 users with a length of 3:30? Think.

Bitrate&#39;s On File
    If you see 76 users sharing &#39;Tenacious D - Tribute&#39; at 192k bitrate, and 6 users sharing the same file, same bitrate, which file do you think I&#39;m going to download? Again, think.

Hz Stereo
    The vast majority of mp3&#39;s have the quality at 44100Hz Stereo. Think.

Stereo Or Mono
    I knew what the difference between these two were when I was 6. if you do not, press the [x] in the top right corner, switch off PC, and put it in the free ads. Think.

CBR Vs VBR
    Constant Bit Rate or Variable Bit Rate?? Well, if you want your music to have the very best in quality, I&#39;d choose CBR. If you want your music to sound like &#39;Mïcrösöül°V³&#39;s&#39;, choose VBR. He probably doesn&#39;t have a clue what this is either.

Hope this helps the less informed, although I&#39;m thinking they stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Samurai
    I know that 128kbps is shitty, if I had known that it was that low i wouldn&#39;t have downloaded it&#33;
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

3. Music   -   #33
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 99shassan@15 January 2004 - 15:26
    I know that 128kbps is shitty, if I had known that it was that low i wouldn&#39;t have downloaded it&#33;
    Then why in the hell did you Download it?

4. Music   -   #34
    And let me just say one thing.....

SoulSeek&#33;

5. Music   -   #35
    As I said before I didn&#39;t know what bitrate it was&#33; Maybe you didn&#39;t understand what I said, if I had known the songs had sucha low bitrate I wouldn&#39;t have downloaded it.

6. Music   -   #36
    Originally posted by 99shassan@15 January 2004 - 16:35
    As I said before I didn&#39;t know what bitrate it was&#33; Maybe you didn&#39;t understand what I said, if I had known the songs had sucha low bitrate I wouldn&#39;t have downloaded it.
    What Program does not show the Bitrate?Thank God for SoulSeek.

I mean what in the hell?Even shitty Kazaa Lite showed the Bitrate.

7. Music   -   #37
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 21:38
    Slightly off the point:

Soulseek shows incorrect bitrate if the file is VBR.
    I&#39;ve had to put a disclaimer in my user info. People thought I was sharing 32k mp3s.

8. Music   -   #38
    Originally posted by Sid Hartha+15 January 2004 - 17:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sid Hartha @ 15 January 2004 - 17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 January 2004 - 21:38
    Slightly off the point:

I&#39;ve had to put a disclaimer in my user info. People thought I was sharing 32k mp3s. [/b][/quote]
    Ok ok.SoulSeek does not show the right Bitrate sometimes.Will admit.

9. Music   -   #39
    I used mirc

10. Music   -   #40
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by Sid Hartha@15 January 2004 - 14:37
    I&#39;ve had to put a disclaimer in my user info. People thought I was sharing 32k mp3s.
    not just soulseek, even windows explorer can read em wrong
    i started ripping at average bitrate, and it&#39;ll say the song is only,
    like, 46 kb/s or so, and when you play it its more like 460 kb/s

B)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast