Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tip On Writing Posts!

Originally posted by johnboy@26 February 2003 - 03:21
    Ok, well now people are getting carried away. What Sinister meant was he was tired of people writing sentences like "hey r u there?", or "kewl" and I'm sure you could think of many other quick abbreviations.
    Who cares if you don't write 100% correct english sentences. This is a forum, not a newspaper for crying out loud. Let them write ppl instead of people if they want to. I don't want some wannabe commie coming here telling people what they can and can't write. I have no problem reading ppl, k3wl, or whatever some people prefer to write. I don't write that myself, but I understand what it means and have no trouble reading it.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Some people mind others don't. I think Sinister shouldn't have come in this board and have his first post be a complaint. Perhaps he should have waited a while and he wouldn't receive so much criticism because what he said is not worth 3 pages for a thread.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Originally posted by johnboy@26 February 2003 - 03:30
    Some people mind others don't. I think Sinister shouldn't have come in this board and have his first post be a complaint. Perhaps he should have waited a while and he wouldn't receive so much criticism because what he said is not worth 3 pages for a thread.
    That's what I said in my first reply. I've seen many newbies (not all, but many) who after a couple of posts start a thread like this to provoke people into replying so that it becomes a thread with lots of replies. I'm tired of that.

And I agree, this thread doesn't deserve three pages, and in fact, it doesn't deserve to be a thread at all. I vote it should be removed, and thrown into outer space.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by random nut@26 February 2003 - 11:37
    And I agree, this thread doesn't deserve three pages, and in fact, it doesn't deserve to be a thread at all. I vote it should be removed, and thrown into outer space.
    I agree as well, but I'll just close it instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234