Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abandoned Asylums

I bet England has all kinds of derelict and abandoned places since it's a lot older than the USA.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    my dad used to live in a bigass scary old house. a quick scan on google says it was built in 1170 but i dont know. anyway its like a mansion thats split into two houses. i have two stories about this place.

1. once my dad went on holiday and i had to look after the house for a few days, i'm not afraid to admit i was shit scared so i invited a few freinds over to keep me company. so one night i went to work and when i got back (cant remember what time but it was dark) but they had slipped into what we call alpha male syndrome (made that up but its probably true) where one was shitting it and the other acted like rambo. then we decided to go to the shop, so me and the one who was pooing it went (during this time i explained the phantom mascherator(poo shredder for thin pipes in old houses)) then the other guy came sprinting up the road kinda scared. we got all our stuff and got back and decided to crash out in the living room then for no reason the mascherator went crazy and started vibrating the house down. for some reason 2 of us didnt care but the other guys face

2. another time i went i had to sleep on my own downstairs. my dad told me that he had slept down there with his gf and seen a scaryface sctretch through the curtain, before going to bed. that night i couldnt decide to close the curtains and see a ghost or open them and see a ghost in the pitch dark garden.

sorry for wasting your eyes. i have a few more stories which i may post one day. or maybe not

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Hey I live right around the corner from old Eloise...or what used to be Eloise since they tore most of the old mental hospitals down.
    Before I moved over on this side of town I lived near the old Clinton valley Center. In Pontiac.
    For some reason I seem to find myself always living close to old asylums..

I've always been attracted to these buildings because of their architechture. I find them beautifull and I also find it sad that buildings just aren't made with that much flare anymore..
    I'm also into the history. I never spent anytime "Partying" in any of these old buildings cause I always found it sort of wrong and disturbing to peoples memories and history that these buildings hold. I also was totally against the destruction so many people would cause when they went out to party in them..

4. Lounge   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by <TROUBLE^MAKER>@4 January 2004 - 02:09
    I bet England has all kinds of derelict and abandoned places since it&#39;s a lot older than the USA.
    Not England Trouble. I come from Scotland. Which is a Country integral to the UK as is England. Yes there used to be that type of place here. But they have mostly disappeared. You have to understand that this is a very small island, you have some states larger. Yet we have a population only about a quarter of the USA. Ergo there is not much that can go unnoticed. Or for that fact derelict for long, before it is redeveloped. The hollywood description of the UK is far away from the reality. Am I talking a lot of shit? OK time for bed.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by bigboab+4 January 2004 - 03:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 4 January 2004 - 03:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-<TROUBLE^MAKER>@4 January 2004 - 02:09
    I bet England has all kinds of derelict and abandoned places since it&#39;s a lot older than the USA.
    Not England Trouble. I come from Scotland. Which is a Country integral to the UK as is England. Yes there used to be that type of place here. But they have mostly disappeared. You have to understand that this is a very small island, you have some states larger. Yet we have a population only about a quarter of the USA. Ergo there is not much that can go unnoticed. Or for that fact derelict for long, before it is redeveloped. The hollywood description of the UK is far away from the reality. Am I talking a lot of shit? OK time for bed. [/b][/quote]
    You can always pretend. :

Asylum Outfitters

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I love this type of stuff.

Here is an abandoned brewery in St. Louis connected to underground tunnels. Too bad I didn&#39;t know about it when I was living there.

It is reported to be haunted as is the family mansion, due the many tradegies in that family.

http://asylumeclectica.com/sightseer/us/mo/lemp/
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    bump :music1:
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    R3d
    wow
    never expected to see my site over here&#33;
    cool

and we have video, theres small clips u can download for free , and entire dvds for sale.
    we use any loot to help fund the site.

we have alot of pix, and alot i havent had time to put up yet.

ahhahahha i sound like a commercial

anyway thanks for the mention&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #19
    : Gartloch Asylum in Glasgows :

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/Asylums/Gartl...52003/index.htm
    The Victorians built them and in the last 10 years they have been phased out and closed down. Now lying abandoned to the elements and the will of the ever vigilant property developers, Glasgows Asylums no longer hold patients.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12