Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reinstalling Windows

Thanks for the advice, I ended up using partion magic to make a new partion and then install windows there, then i formated the original partion and reinstalled windows again there. Everything is working fine now and my hard drive got a much needed cleaning out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    so u installed windows twice? why? or did i misunderstand? anyways im happy for you.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I thought you just throw the Xp CD in, press any key when it say.

When it comes to which drive, just delete the C:, comform it & then reformat it as NTFS as Quick format.

After that it should install & you are sorted

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    so u installed windows twice? why? or did i misunderstand? anyways im happy for you.

I thought you just throw the Xp CD in, press any key when it say.

When it comes to which drive, just delete the C:, comform it & then reformat it as NTFS as Quick format.

After that it should install & you are sorted
    I couldn't erase the c: drive because windows had already copied the files there that it needed to perform the instalation. It wouldn't let me do it. Stupid system.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I think the reason why it did that was you must have pushed the cd in while running windows and then it restarted and ran the setup?

What you should have done was set the bios so it boots up from the cd rom or pressed F8 (i believe) for the boot menu and boot from the cd when you start your computer. This way the temp. installation files are not created.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12