Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Blood

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@5 January 2004 - 06:08
    It made me wonder what would happen if that person wasn't bleeding and you just kept giving them blood. Would they eventually explode?
    Yeah....that happened to me once.
    Here's a picture my mom took......

I can remember the doctor saying "OOPS!".
    I'm all better now though....

2. Lounge   -   #12
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Originally posted by mrlessk+5 January 2004 - 20:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 5 January 2004 - 20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spider_dude@5 January 2004 - 06:08
    It made me wonder what would happen if that person wasn&#39;t bleeding and you just kept giving them blood. Would they eventually explode?
    Yeah....that happened to me once.
    Here&#39;s a picture my mom took......

I can remember the doctor saying "OOPS&#33;".
    I&#39;m all better now though....

[/b][/quote]
    OMG&#33;&#33; it looks like a massive vagina having some massive baby... EUCH&#33;&#33;&#33;

tralalala

p.s: the organs, veins and basically anything carrying blood would eventually burst/explode because of an overload... the person would die with seriouse organ damage

3. Lounge   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    blood is not forced into the vien it flows via gravity unless intervention supersedes. as long as the heart is beating there will be blood pressure in the viens and the blood will not be able to enter the body (i think )
    so you were called to an emergency in a hospital thereby making me think you are a medic to some degree so perhaps you have the answer for us..and will there be a prize for the first to get it right????

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by vidcc@5 January 2004 - 18:54
    blood is not forced into the vien it flows via gravity unless intervention supersedes. as long as the heart is beating there will be blood pressure in the viens and the blood will not be able to enter the body (i think )
    so you were called to an emergency in a hospital thereby making me think you are a medic to some degree so perhaps you have the answer for us..and will there be a prize for the first to get it right????
    you say blood flows because of gravity and a heart beat. i know there is a small amount of gravity in space from each star, planet, comet but still less than on our planet. say we found a galaxy in space which had no stars or planets, would our legs and arms eventually fall off due to a form of frostbite?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    He meant the blood transfusion, when he talked of gravity, at least I think so.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well, if there was no gravity, then how could we exist? How would the molecules stay together?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    look, the point is - if you would force extra un-needed blood into the veins, the pressure would eventually make the veins burst, thus - leading to a very sick and probably very, VERY painful death...

tralalala

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Skweeky@5 January 2004 - 19:38
    Well, if there was no gravity, then how could we exist? How would the molecules stay together?
    we can exist because any mass big or mass exerts a gravitational pull. molecules are not held together by gravity but by chemiscal bonds, be they ionic, covalent or van der waals. we could live without gravity, if we could find a way to remove it.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Arghghg, that hurts SD

10. Lounge   -   #20
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Skweeky@5 January 2004 - 19:38
    they use superglue and stickey tape then wrap the body up with clingfilm and roll it in treacle then tar and pop it into a supermarket carrier bag (not one of those "planet friendly paper ones") then they bind it with heavy guage rubber bands and ties a pink ribbon bow to one end.
    this is allowed to stand for 5 hours at room temperature and then dipped in a cold solution of potasium permanganate, sodium iodide and and bogies..then it is placed in a kiln and baked for 12 hours at 400 degrees f. it is removed and allowed to cool for 7 hours where it is coated in cornflour and bisto gravy granuals and put in a fridge to set.

but i don&#39;t know why i am telling you this as i&#39;m sure you really knew

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast