Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Do You Think Rotk Dvd Scr Will Be Released?

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    screeners were banned. Only the academy was allowed to recieve them, plain and simple. So if screeners have leaked, its been from there.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@6 January 2004 - 05:38
    screeners were banned. Only the academy was allowed to recieve them, plain and simple. So if screeners have leaked, its been from there.
    That's what I meant.

Where were screeners sent before, if not to awards bodies, Schmigg?

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    muchspl2
    mpaa wanted to ban screener and I think it was tristar that sued and some circuit curt overturned that as unfair to the independent studios
    look around plenty of screeners
    duplex
    21 grams
    fuck, too many to list just look at vcd quality for all the screener released

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yea. like i said. screeners still exist, but the really good movies are kept either very securely locked somewhere or not released at all. i read in the usatoday that many studios aren't even making screeners for some movies. stupid cows don't realize that they're not helping at all! stupid mofos

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    After reading this i'm not sure there will be screeners for rotk
    The film was shipped to theatres under the name "Till Death For Glory", it was even on the reels. So nowhere on the print did it read the real title of the film. Except on the outside of the boxes they were shipped in, underneath the large barcode it read in very small letters, lotr3.
    this was from Imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/trivia

6. Movies & TV   -   #26

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    yes the attempt to stop screeners has failed (woot&#33 but the LOTR team did say they were only releasing the least amount of ROTK screeners as possible & all of will be encoded to to make it very hard to copy.

im sure i read this on these boards as well as elsewhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123