Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The **new** Irc

Poster
    xeroxed im sorry i seem so antagonizing today
    this was not my intention, not in the least. so i aplogize to you and everyone else there that day.
    there are tons of benefits to being able to examine an ip address.
    u can determine what programs are listening on there connection, see whether sum1's modem is in "promiscuous mode" making sure the poor bloke doesnt have a network sniffer listening to every password they type....seeing if the guys has trojans listening...
    u can resolve connection problems via advice if sum1 is having trouble connecting, and most of all, i just like to see where people are from, without asking.
    i have spent many years messing with irc, and the problems the past few days are very much like what ive had to deal with b4.
    and for those of you who dont know, its still easy as hell to get an ip off an encrypted network just establish sum sort of direct conection, this can be through a IM session with your favorite client, or a direct file transfer, or whatevah
    once u have an establsihed conection
    go to your start menu and go to run then type netstat -50
    its just much easier to be able to dns.
    now if i was the only one who thought dns resolution was important, i highly doubt it would be a feature in Every popular irc client to date.
    compare that to how many networks use encrypted ip's....what...two?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by xeroxed@27 February 2003 - 18:25
    Fuck it, I'm not gonna wait for Tommy's ok, seems the majority of the members want it on p2pchat.org.

Just joined to register it and look, there's already people on there. I say we make this our new home.

Sorry Tommy but you don't wanna seem to listen to us.

irc.p2pchat.org #klchat
    well... before xeroxed totally trashes me.... [childish mode] fuck you btw..[/childish mode]

i didnt want you to wait for any OK's... it is for the teams(by teams i mean the KL users)

last night when we actually had the meeting about what server to jump to only 1 person at that time i belive it was 473 said p2pchat...

i never said no... i just said hmm lemme go have alook and hooked into gamesnet.. i have been on irc 3 years and i have hoped between those networks... they are the ones i know.... therefore i wanted to tstay with what i know... your acting like i didnt listen atall i just wanted somehwere where i could actually get a grasp of what is going on... and prowl what you on about i dont care if im not room founder.. i dont care if im not admin... course i wouldve liked to be.. but thats all past.

the fact of the matter is... i am deeply miffed by xeroxed ASSHOLE comments about me.. and treating me like a fucking dictator.
    every decision i made for the Qnet room i went thru with skwekky mainly.. cos she was thr with me when room was founded...

peace.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    See wasn&#39;t that easy.

Yes I know getting an IP is easy encrypted or not, that&#39;s why I didn&#39;t understand why you where so adament about being able to do a dns look up on the mask. Despite what you think I do know a thing or two about IRC and what not.

I still don&#39;t see why you would stay off the network becuase you can&#39;t have a dns look up if your goal is to help someone I&#39;m sure they would give you there IP without any hassel. You seemed like a good enough guy up untill today, wich is all good now, so I&#39;d hate to see you leave over something so stupid.

Sorry you feel this way, and sorry for the loose, but it&#39;s your choice. Everyone besides you and Tommy seem to be happy on p2pchat. Don&#39;t really understand yet as to why Tommy has such a problem, but whatever. I&#39;m sick of this, it&#39;s all pointless bull shit, obviously everyones not gonna be happy one way or the other. So imo it dosen&#39;t seem worth all this bitching.

Hopefully within the next few days everything will cool down and we&#39;ll be one big semi argumentative dysfunctional family again.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    *sigh*

Sorry Tommy didn&#39;t mean to come off as being an asshole. I was frustrated with all the bull shit.

I didn&#39;t know there was a "meeting" of any sort. As far as Skweeky being the only one there form the begining, excuse me but I was oped before she was and so was Mike. So whatever, don&#39;t understand where you&#39;re coming on from that one.

As I was never at this meeting (intersting since I&#39;m an op) you had, the only convo I saw was that happening on the board and if you read through the majority on HERE kept saying p2pchat, that&#39;s where I was getting the idea that you where ignoring the users.

So whatever man, if your gonna freak out over something I said then so be it. Seems kinda childish to me, and I really don&#39;t wanna be the one to blame for it.

and sorry tommy but since both quakenet and gamesnet made it clear they didn&#39;t want us it seems stupid to try and stay there.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by xeroxed@27 February 2003 - 21:17
    *sigh*

Sorry Tommy didn&#39;t mean to come off as being an asshole. I was frustrated with all the bull shit.

I didn&#39;t know there was a "meeting" of any sort. As far as Skweeky being the only one there form the begining, excuse me but I was oped before she was and so was Mike. So whatever, don&#39;t understand where you&#39;re coming on from that one.

As I was never at this meeting (intersting since I&#39;m an op) you had, the only convo I saw was that happening on the board and if you read through the majority on HERE kept saying p2pchat, that&#39;s where I was getting the idea that you where ignoring the users.

So whatever man, if your gonna freak out over something I said then so be it. Seems kinda childish to me, and I really don&#39;t wanna be the one to blame for it.
    ya see blam.. thats all i wanted... just like when me and RF had a lil arguement.. i am too lazy to fight all i want to hear is the magical word.. i was offended you have apologised.. all is good to me but i am going to stress a few more points...

skweeky was the ONLY forum meber i had on msn.. and it was her i was discussing irc with she was the one who helped me when i said "so shall i b other starting a room" thst what i mean by being the first one there...

and the meeting&#39;s.. the meetings doesnt have to be of admins... the irc is a community not just it&#39;ss admins and thing is.. you werent online...

and yes the majority on this thread did say it.... but by this time the gamesnet room had been launched so im not gonna fuck with everyones shit and chnage it agian am i?

on this thread yes people moaned.. but by then it was a bit late...

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Poster
    Ok, so all is cleared up. Just a misunderstanding that you got all worked up over. where both at fualt and I apologise for my end. sorry that Sonja is the only msn contact you have.

Yes the community is made up of all the members but I think you should have tried to do a better job in setting up a meeting to try and include everyone by making a post, setting a time and place, not just spur of the momment type thing. But that&#39;s just my opinon. if you want to stay off of p2pchat over me then whatever, it&#39;s your choice I wont be held responsible.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by xeroxed@27 February 2003 - 21:27
    Ok, so all is cleared up. Just a misunderstanding that you got all worked up over. where both at fualt and I apologise for my end. sorry that Sonja is the only msn contact you have.

Yes the community is made up of all the members but I think you should have tried to do a better job in setting up a meeting to try and include everyone by making a post, setting a time and place, not just spur of the momment type thing. But that&#39;s just my opinon. if you want to stay off of p2pchat over me then whatever, it&#39;s your choice I wont be held responsible.
    well there were around 20 of us in a room on efnet... and so we had a meeting with admins and several other present.. and the decision was made there it was a failsafe plan.. we even had a back up room lol

it was pretty spur of the moment.... i agree but like i said gamesnet seemed safe nuff&#39; at the time..

and i have a few more msn contacts now.. i am very selective about my msn contacst i only have like 20

i have 3 from this board i think skwks,razz,sniper

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    Well I don&#39;t have msn but my email is [email protected] and my AIM screen name is xeroxedxx43

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Đark Princ€
    any who if ya wana ----- come to see us in judes room man&#33;&#33;&#33; you know ya always welcome to come shoot the shit with jude and nikkid and me&#33;&#33; its the same as quake net by that i mean its set up the same&#33;&#33;&#33; but dont just totaly drop outa sight now&#33;&#33;&#33; i still dont have a clue why ya want ips so bad&#33;&#33;if ya want ips go to different rooms and whois them&#33;&#33;&#33; there are tons of ways to get ips you know that man&#33;&#33;&#33; any who i think they are encripted for a reason prowl i think that would stop or at least slow the peeps that wana shut us down like the riaa and other cyber dicks that are madd cause they have small pee pee&#39;s so they take it out on us file sharing folks&#33;&#33;&#33; i say just chill out man&#33;&#33; i have no doubt that you mean good when you say you dont like it cause you cant see ppl ip&#39;s i would understand why&#33;&#33; revenge is the first thing that comes to mind&#33;&#33;&#33;but in no way i think ya malicous&#33;&#33; come on now peeps do you all really think prowler is a malicous person???????????? i dont think so..............

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    OK, so the new room is IRC.P2PCHAT.ORG #KLCHAT

Supported by all the old ops and users....cept for prowl.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast