Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Pro-abortion Agenda

Originally posted by uNdEaD$$$@6 January 2004 - 07:00
    Abortions should be legal. Don't get me wrong I love life but lot's of people live impossibly miserable lives and their parents should have the choice to abort them.
    you sound almost pro-abortion.

i wouldn't call pro-choicers pro-abortion, at all. not pro-abortion the way i'm pro-abortion, anyway. pro-choicers are simply too tolerant of babies. buncha friggin' poseurs. in fact, every woman should be impregnated and then taken to an abortionist after 8 months and 29 days so that the foetus may be summarily aborted and offered up to a graven image of the pagan deity known as Ab'horto. partial birth abortion? better late than never. post-partem abortion? the pro-abortion lobby is working very closely with nambla, to push some legislation through re: retro-bortions.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+6 January 2004 - 12:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 6 January 2004 - 12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-uNdEaD&#036;&#036;&#036;@6 January 2004 - 07:00
    Abortions should be legal. Don&#39;t get me wrong I love life but lot&#39;s of people live impossibly miserable lives and their parents should have the choice to abort them.
    you sound almost pro-abortion.

i wouldn&#39;t call pro-choicers pro-abortion, at all. not pro-abortion the way i&#39;m pro-abortion, anyway. pro-choicers are simply too tolerant of babies. buncha friggin&#39; poseurs. in fact, every woman should be impregnated and then taken to an abortionist after 8 months and 29 days so that the foetus may be summarily aborted and offered up to a graven image of the pagan deity known as Ab&#39;horto. partial birth abortion? better late than never. post-partem abortion? the pro-abortion lobby is working very closely with nambla, to push some legislation through re: retro-bortions. [/b][/quote]
    What creative thinking.

I&#39;m sold.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by j2k4@6 January 2004 - 08:50
    What creative thinking.
    not nearly as creative as calling pro-choicers "pro-abortion." was "anti-birth" already a registered trademark, or wot?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Banning abortion would

1. Create a massive increase in child poverty.
    2. Create a massive increase in the number of children living in care homes.
    3. Create a massive increase in the number of backstreet abortions.

Whats your solution to these problems guys? You do have a solution... right?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by j2k4@6 January 2004 - 05:48
    Most hideous of all (and I do not use the word lightly), CRR aims to undo "child abuse reporting requirements" with respect to what it calls "nonabusive" sexual relations with minors...
    Paedophiles&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

The only thing missing is the chain letter instructions at the end of the message.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Take her home boys-

She&#39;s all yours.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    John Pilger meet Maggie Gallagher. Same emotive style, just a different agenda.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    J2

I know you like to delve into columns others loathe to tread but I can&#39;t get too excited about this one - it wears its heart on its sleeve a little too openly (and garishly) for my taste.

To be perfectly honest I don&#39;t believe you believe there is a conspiracy at foot. In truth there are very few if any conspiracy theories I would hang my hat on - least of all this one. Your writing in the past would tend to suggest that you have a similar take on such matters. In real life, the prosaic and banal almost always trumps the interesting and complicated.

On the matter of abortion I am pro choice, but I would prefer to see those choices to be to prevent pregnancy in the first place. There are no shortage of decent methods to avoid pregnancy and many also prevent disease. I believe sexual health and education including contraception is essential knowledge for all teenagers (and some adults as well come to think of it) and should be given unstintingly.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Biggles-

I believe abortions should be legal, but I also believe their availability should be retail, not wholesale.

I do see an effort on the part of the pro-abortion crowd to eliminate any alternatives to their vision of free and easy abortion for everyone who wants one.

They demonstrate an intolerance of any opposing view on the subject.

I am bothered by the arguments they use to advocate partial-birth abortion; no one seems to notice it&#39;s just a hop, skip, and jump to killing babies outside the womb, just to keep the new mother&#39;s options open a wee bit longer.

As a father, I had, and continue to have, a HUGE problem with their move to legally forestall parental involvement in the event of an unwanted pregnancy.

They cannot justify using the exceptional circumstance of parental abuse (or potential abuse) in creating this blanket "right" for a young person who isn&#39;t equipped to exercise such a right.

Why couldn&#39;t they advocate in the case of exceptional circumstance?

The only answer I can arrive at is what I call an agenda.

If you prefer the term conspiracy in order to delegitimize or marginalize my concern, you are entitled-free speech, and all that.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by j2k4@7 January 2004 - 07:18
    .. legally forestall parental involvement in the event of an unwanted pregnancy.

They cannot justify using the exceptional circumstance of parental abuse (or potential abuse) in creating this blanket "right" for a young person who isn&#39;t equipped to exercise such a right...
    If a teenage girl gets pregnant and has decided to get an abortion, what right do her parents have to tell her no, to force her through an unwanted pregnancy? She was obviously mature (heh) enough to make the decision to have unprotected sex.

While I&#39;m not in favour of teenagers having sex, it happens. Where I live the teenage pregnancy rate is very high - far higher than the "norm." There is sex-ed in the schools (not abinstence only, thank goodness), but there aren&#39;t any condom vending machines. There aren&#39;t any in the whole city, actually. But I digress.

The girl&#39;s parents aren&#39;t the ones that have to go through the trials of pregnancy. They aren&#39;t the ones that will end up ultimately responsible. There are quite a few parents (such as strictly Catholic ones) that will not under any circumstances allow their daughter to have an abortion and begin the process of moving on. In some cases, they send her away to a secluded home for unwed mothers.

It was the girl&#39;s choice to have sex, and it should be her choice to handle the consequences.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast