Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Left My Window Open

muchspl2
    no offense but temp means jack dick, its how stable your pc runs and scores on benchmarks your bragging about only a small part of the equation
    like saying my ac in my car is better than yours, pointless IMO

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@7 January 2004 - 22:38
    no offense but temp means jack dick, its how stable your pc runs and scores on benchmarks your bragging about only a small part of the equation
    like saying my ac in my car is better than yours, pointless IMO
    Err, not quite, if there was a system that scored XXXXXX on benchmarks, but i could fry concrete on the heatsinks, I would take a different system.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how are my scores for my setup? (in sig)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    They need spaces, it looks like you got 38k on 3dmark 03

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@7 January 2004 - 22:42
    They need spaces, it looks like you got 38k on 3dmark 03
    good point. well, how r they?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    They look fine for your 9600, although I get about that on my 9500 Pro easy, which should be expected, seeing as how its a better card.

Go check the futuremark database to compare scores.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@7 January 2004 - 23:57
    wow, you're just really desperate for post count aren't you
    You have 17 pages of posts in two weeks and you are going to say stupid shit like that to somebody who has been here for 8 months but only has 11 pages of posts.
    I think you need to grow up and stop worrying about what other peoples post counts are.The last time I checked it wasn't a competition.This forum is here for people to come and ask questions and get or give answers.No need for all the "your just trying to up your post count ." crap.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    This forum is here for people to come and ask questions and get or give answers
    you're right, but what does this topic do? help ppl?....ermmm no. gives answer to question....no. plea for help?......no

and wtf does it matter how long ive been here? it wouldnt matter if i was here for 2 weeks or 2 years. all that counts is what type of material your post is. i dont give a crap about other peoples post count becuz, well, ill probably beat it in 2 days if i want to...but thats not the point...and who says this is a compitition to start with? you need to calm down, take a deep breath....like you said, this is a forum, no need to get all made and hype up

i give respect to ppl who deserve them, ppl like abu, clocker, john lennon, dwk (errmmm sometimes), vb (errmm when he was mod-less, lol j/k) and others who spent time help ppl out cuz thats how they are, i dont give any respect to ppl who just take up room (in general, dont mean filepirate)

if you dont like me (who wouldnt like elmo? ) then just ignore me....pretty simple.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Its not only for Q and A its also for friendly chat.

Whats wrong with that ?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by muchspl2@7 January 2004 - 20:38
    no offense but temp means jack dick
    I assume that in the clear light of the new day you have reconsidered this statement and found it wanting.

Temps are very important and monitoring them is a useful diagnostic tool. Improving the airflow in your case can only benefit the stability and longevity of your system whether you OC or not, and benchmarks are an easy way of quantifying and sharing your results.
    Saying that your rig "runs cooler" and "seems faster" means nothing to another reader.
    Showing that you dropped 4 degC and your PCMark scores improved 300 points gives us all an idea of what really has happened.
    I agree that the reliance on test scores simply to brag about the superiority of your system is silly and I am much more impressed by stability/torture tests than simple benchmarks. Being able to run Prime 95 or Folding@Home for 24 hours without errors or crashing tells me that the system is healthy and the setup is optimal.
    AquaMark scores just tell me that you have the bucks to buy a nice video card.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast