Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Dean

Poster
    as you probably remember, Billy, i think you're a trolling pr1ck, so i'm not too bothered if you get banned
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila+13 January 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 13 January 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ella@13 January 2004 - 21:00
    I agree to an extent, Bob, but your definition points to a board overseen by someone who demands total obedience from other people.

I can name boards where this is not the case.
    Where? Apart from the Cavern. Where the only threads that have ever been moderated are the ones a former supposed friend posted in.

Sorry, and Sheringham, where moderation doesn&#39;t seem to be required because everybody there is friendly. [/b][/quote]
    c&#39;mon shelia... you know there is stuff all moderation at the club too....
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

3. Lounge   -   #73
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Why don&#39;t you ask Hobbes about that.

Actually why dont you ask me? I was taken off admin because my friends thought I &#39;might&#39; trash the board. Moderation before any indication of trouble? Heavy handed I think.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by SensualGardening+13 January 2004 - 13:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 13 January 2004 - 13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@13 January 2004 - 15:38
    On the subject of KLF being a battlefield to "Sharpen your sword"

WTF? What really, honestly is the point? Dont you see that you are becoming part of the problem?
    Brrrrrr......

Next time i will warn in advance:

Post meant cynical&#33;&#33;

Duhuh.......

Yogs [/b][/quote]
    lmao, sorry, brains a bit frosty this morning

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@13 January 2004 - 07:42
    7th has come in here and decided he can change anything and everything, not listening to any feedback from the community.
    Sad to see that people see it this way, but it seems like it is just a mod / admin hunting right now.

Many things have changed that&#39;s a fact but 90 % of them were decided by VB / Paul and the mod team. (New design / new smilies / new areas / new mods and much more)

My position here is to make sure that our board is working, to tweak settings, add new areas and to be available if it comes to mod questions.

I don&#39;t deal with member issues at all since that&#39;s a mod job and because I don&#39;t know you unlike our mods. If you people have a problem with a mod they can contact me but i will ignore PM&#39;s if members call our team "assholes, fuckers, idiots" and many other names. It just makes no sense to reply in such a case.

If there is an issue members can PM me but keep in mind that I only deal with issues if I see that members want to solve problems and not if they just want to attack back.

I could name 100 examples and all of them are solved. Doesn&#39;t matter if it was muchspl who asked for help or [SPAM] who had a question. I am there for the community if there are problems.

Sometimes it is hard to do my job because people don&#39;t understand what an administrator is. I am not a dictator and I cannot solve member issues as I don&#39;t know you well.

If I would take everything serious then be sure that this board would not longer exist.

You don&#39;t believe me ?

I can name a few examples

"7th is the asshole for closing large posts"

We had discussions about closing topics once 1000 posts are reached and people got mad at me because they didn&#39;t care about the community but they cared about their topic. Sure it is bad if a good topic get&#39;s closed but there is always a reason. In this case it was a topic which was "always on top" meaning 100&#39;s of users did browse it and cause heavy server load.

Why does it cause load ? Invite 100 people and create a 700 MB text file. Now ask all people to open this text file with an editor (I wonder if any editor can handle it at all anyway lol). Now ask all 100 to read, add, remove text and to save it again. Then ask all 100 to open the file again and close it again and open it again.... etc

You will see how "easy" it is to deal with huge databases A server can handle it within a few seconds but a normal computer will run into big troubles. Everytime a member clicks a huge post ALL posts are loaded into the RAM before you see any posts (even if you only see 20 posts per page) - That&#39;s how it works.

"7th is the asshole for not allowing direct download links"

I got a few PM&#39;s one day telling me that Guitar-Slinger is really a bad mod because he is hunting a member for posting direct download links / torrent files.

The problem here is that we cannot accept any torrent files - it doesn&#39;t matter if legal or illegal because we cannot check this (or do you really think our mods can download all posted files and check their content and if they are not sure contact the host and ask: Is it a legal file ?)

This case was closed after I checked the download source and asked to link to their official website to download instead to link files directly. (it was a radio station which had a public FTP). But guys common we cannot check it everytime because this board is big and it is impossible to check every single case.

I have no problems to be the "ass" around here but my work is to keep the board up and to help if there are problems (if the mods can&#39;t handle it)

If you take a close look you will notice that it is an endless story. People come, post, get mad, post they leave (and then hide as anonymous members) and then come back. On the other side people expect me to help them..

This board is not our life and if somebody wants to leave so be it. There is no need to make up a big story "I leave now because this board sucks" - That&#39;s just crying and hoping that people will say: "Please stay.. you are my friend"

People come and go and that&#39;s what makes a community interesting (as internet.news would say). We are working hard to deal with all issues but sometimes it doesn&#39;t work out because we cannot solve private issues here. If you dislike somebody ignore him / her and just don&#39;t reply. There is no need for "I leave because member XY sucks". Get over it or leave and find a better place.

I cannot care about every single member. I have to care about the community as a whole and i cannot give single users more rights than others because we are all a part of this community and we all have the same rights.

Marc

6. Lounge   -   #76
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@13 January 2004 - 13:57

Sorry, and Sheringham, where moderation doesn&#39;t seem to be required because everybody there is friendly.
    This is true, and it&#39;s nice to keep it that way
    Very boring being a mod tho

@Jetje........I&#39;m afraid to say very few people actually follow the rules here, I think what should be done is a "Real" set of rules made that WILL NOT be broken under any circumstances, we do seem to have one rule for one and one for another.

2 examples

1= Lamsey said Rikk has been given more chances than others.
    I was told a while back that I only got away with certain things cos I&#39;m "Popular" (not my words)

This is&#39;nt right, everyone should be equal, I don&#39;t want special treatment, if I do something wrong I&#39;ll stand up and take my punishment (as long as it&#39;s from Nikki ) sorry)

I mean here I sit publicly argueing with a mod, thats against the rules is&#39;nt it?

And the second example I forgot what it was DoH&#33;

But you get the idea

Jonno B)

Edit: A large post has been made by 7th on the last page, please read back
    And from that...

"7th is the asshole for closing large posts"
    After the big arguement I had on the board and in private I looked into this in more depth and he is right, it does cause large scripts and slows the workings of the board down.

I will now have my slice of humble pie
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Poster
    what... no smilies Shelia????

I said stuff all moderation not no moderation....

and more to the point Ella&#39;s first comment was about total obedience..... and we sure as hell don&#39;t get or want that on the forum...

and if I recall that incident had something to do with this forum too didn&#39;t it??

whoa..... taken off admin???.... if I recall you asked to be taken off shelia... don&#39;t twist it around please
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.....</span>
    <span style='color:red'><u>Don't Go Here.........</u></span></span>

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Poster
    Um...can&#39;t we all just get alo... ...... * Ridds ducks the tomatos and bricks , runs for cover &#33; *

Howdy folks &#33;

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@13 January 2004 - 13:17
    1= Lamsey said Rikk has been given more chances than others.
    I was told a while back that I only got away with certain things cos I&#39;m "Popular" (not my words)

This is&#39;nt right, everyone should be equal, I don&#39;t want special treatment, if I do something wrong I&#39;ll stand up and take my punishment (as long as it&#39;s from Nikki ) sorry)
    yeah, i totally agree with you Jonno

i was accused of being given special treatment because i might have &#39;been friends with an admin&#39;

i&#39;d say i&#39;m &#39;friends&#39; with only one mod on this forum, Lamsey, and i would expect no special treatment because of this. I&#39;ve pm&#39;d him before saying this and i&#39;ve also pm&#39;d another mod (jejte or [B][O][T] possibly) and told them the same thing.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #80
    jetje's Avatar former star
    @Jonno, well that&#39;s not entirely the truth about what you said about Lamsey only allowed you to be here because your popular.
    I hope that people that are not pissed (cause then a debate has no use) finally can see we mods and admins really tolerate a lot, but there are some boundries.
    Before we act up to a member we watch a members profile, his activities on the forum and how he fits in the community, what he posted and what he have done before.. etc....
    that&#39;s why someone that is completely knew coming in and f*cking up big time can count on an immediate moderation/ban. People that are longer in here and just had a "bad&#39; day get more chances... like you did that time and like some others like Hypo, Killa and Billy had... but there&#39;s an end to everything... don&#39;t forget we mods do this completely voluntarily too and it&#39;s not nice if we&#39;re only needed to police in here all the time, i rather have time to read fun and nice posts too instead of firefighting, moving threads answering pm&#39;s and being accused of being unfair a liar and a fucking mod, prick twat or whatever Billy calls me.
    just too close this one, he&#39;s just lying about what i did to him, but hey that&#39;s just me the mod saying... fact that i&#39;m a member for more then a year doesn&#39;t count. I knew this place long before people like billy visitted and i can assure you that some of them left because of the Billy&#39;s that, as i said before have fastkeys for the words fuckers, pricks, assholes .. B)

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast