Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ti-83 Plus

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@20 January 2004 - 20:59
    Are there any websites that tell me what number to put in to create games and stuff?
    www.ti-calc.org

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    don't get a Ti-83 plus even though it temping.....get a Ti-86 or Ti-89 cuz they both could do integration. I think the Ti-89 could do double integration too but i'm not sure. but i know for sure both could do integration which is very helpful in calculus class. it cut the work down 99%.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    When I said pretty crappy, I was referring more to math capabilies. The TI-86 was developed to be a business math calculator. So, for the most part it is NOT what you want for school. And, yes, they do have Megaman for the TI-86. Bravo, I sure do wish they're port it to the 89. I've played that, and it's good. But, for the most part the 89's games a alot better. Go check out screenshots from ticalc.org. And yes, pheonix is fun, isn't it? They have that for the 89, too, only it's a bit faster and smoother. Also, they have platinum edition, which is prettier and has more options. But, still, if you're a high school student, I'd say the 89 is the best, followed by the 83+. I still wouldn't recommend getting an 86 unless you specifically need it for business math, or just simply the games.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    On the other hand though, I know some of my classes dont like you using the Ti-89 and such, because of all those extra things it can do.

Although, you can always get an Emulator for any of these btw, and use it on the computer.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Yeah, that is true. It's so powerful with calculus and stuff, that some places don't let you use it.

Fortunately, our calculus teacher encourages all of her students to get one because of what it can do, and if she feels that we should do something without it's help, she just says, "no calculator on this portion".

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I got the TI-83 plus and I have to say it's hella borring...

I just use the thing for my organizer.

Overclocking time
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    h1
    TI-89s are banned in my physics classes.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    They don't let you use 85 and 89 in my school I don't think.

So what programs do you people usally download? I got puzzpack already

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    haha, you guys are all worried about money... you should just do like i did and steal one, those walmart people are hella dumb just rip one off.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ya sure....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast