Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radeon 9600

Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+19 January 2004 - 07:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 19 January 2004 - 07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@19 January 2004 - 09:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p
    @19 January 2004 - 07:31
    Which can handle the speeds of the XT easily.&nbsp; In general, all of these ATi cards can easily be overclocked 100 MHz on the core without any artifacting.&nbsp; The memory should always be maxxed out first, of course.

yeah, i&#39;ve got my tyan 9600 pro up from 400/600 standard to 520/620 (the memory is quite a low overclock, but the memory used for the tyan is overclocked from 550 -> 600 as standard)
    Do you mean, 4th gen, that Tian overclocked that sucker over the stock ATi settings before you even got your hands on it? That&#39;s a good marketing move on Tian&#39;s side, eh? [/b][/quote]
    yeah, but i knew about it before i bought it...

most of the customers aren&#39;t going to know anyway cos they won&#39;t try to oc...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    aight yall, im thinking about overclocking my graphics card a little or something..so i should max the memory out first and see how high i can get that, then the core?...what program should i test my graphics card with to make sure that its ok? thanks for any help&#33; also, like if the card broke and it was still under warranty, but it was overclocked...how would the company know?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Lick My Lovepump
    Just do a 3d benchmark after overclock, if you see artifacting you&#39;ve gone a little too far.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    is artifacing like seeing lil chops in the screen and weird colors? should i just go up 5Mhz at a time for like 20Mhz and then like 3 after that?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@19 January 2004 - 09:43
    aight yall, im thinking about overclocking my graphics card a little or something..so i should max the memory out first and see how high i can get that, then the core?...what program should i test my graphics card with to make sure that its ok? thanks for any help&#33;&nbsp; also, like if the card broke and it was still under warranty, but it was overclocked...how would the company know?
    Firstly, big dawg, I would do a little research before overclocking that 9700 Pro.

I just used our friend google to find out that, according to this review that they reached 380/350 with ease, so you should start out a bit lower than there for safety, and see if you are satisfied...a little editorial here...the reason why I like to overclock is so I can enable more AF that 8X. Right now, when I overclock my 9800 Pro to 460/371 I can enable 4X antialiasing in both Open GL and Direct 3d, with vertical sync enabled, as well as 16X Anisotropic Filtering. I became a recent fan of vertical sync with refresh rates of 75 Hz as I often reach those frame rates when overlocked to those speeds.

Big dawg, you should, to be safe, start off at 350/325 (core/mem), but try enabling vertical sync in both Direct 3d and in Open GL as always on or default on. You will see less "tearing" than with vertical sync off.

B)

Edit: I had to insert a pic of that beautiful card.

Edit #2: Here is another review where the author said he reached 345/335 with the stock cooler. Note that the guy got the same cooler that I have. However, he had no means of cooling the RAM (I do, though, those slick copper VGA OCZ ramsinks...)
    From what I understand the stock speeds of the 9700 Pro are 324/310. So if you want to be a "conservative" overclocker, you could just jump right up to 350/325 and see what happens.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Lick My Lovepump
    I can&#39;t find any good examples on google.

I&#39;ve got to go now so you might do some searching around.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    so you guyz rekon the

Gigabyte Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, Radeon 9600 XT, TV Out, DVI

&#036;346.50

umm sorry if this seems annoying in anyway, but can sum1 please go over the specs of the card and how they affect gameplay and other things etc.

e.g i know what TV Out is, but have no idea what DVI stands for or means.

thanks alot :music1:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    well, the specs doesnt really tell you how gameply is affected...look at the lower end fx of nvidia, their specs better than their comparable ati card...and yet they get beat in every category.

i think dvi is for high definition user

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by dray_02@19 January 2004 - 11:25
    so you guyz rekon the

Gigabyte Radeon 9600 XT video card, 128MB DDR, 8XAGP, Radeon 9600 XT, TV Out, DVI

&#036;346.50

umm sorry if this seems annoying in anyway, but can sum1 please go over the specs of the card and how they affect gameplay and other things etc.

What you should do is just read the review of a "built by ATi" and expect your card to perform along the same lines.

Here is one

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+20 January 2004 - 08:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 20 January 2004 - 08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@19 January 2004 - 11:25
    so you guyz rekon the

&#036;346.50

What you should do is just read the review of a "built by ATi" and expect your card to perform along the same lines.

Here is one [/b][/quote]
    thanx dude that was alot of help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12