Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is This The Xbox Killer?

Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+22 January 2004 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC &#064; 22 January 2004 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz@22 January 2004 - 04:11
    Yeah im gonna go out and get a PS2...so i cant play Halo 2, Deus Ex- Invisible War, Half-Life 2, Doom3, Unreal 2......yeah i want a PS2 because i dont want to be able to run Games with High Res textures, high frame-rates, 5.1 surround sound....Ooh i want a PS2 so i cannot play games that come very close to their PC counterparts but on a console a Tenth of the price of a PC.......
    if you think the measure of a console is in its conversions from PC games (first person shooters in particular)... you&#39;ve missed the point. :flame: :flame: [/b][/quote]
    Why oh Why do people persist in saying that ALL Xbox games are Ports of their PC counterparts... Bullshit&#33;&#33;&#33;....You will have that Crossover between PC and Xbox (they have similar architecture) that much is true...But it is a little un-educated on your part to presume that nearly all Xbox games are a Port/Conversion/whatever of a PC game...I know for a fact that the Xbox versions of the games I mentioned previously are handled by a different Development team (another company in fact) than that of the PC version development team....Turn round to those guys and tell them &#39;thanks for the 2 years hardwork you spent on copying that PC game...Call that work&#33;&#33;&#39; and see if they would&#39;nt tell you to go &#39;F**K k ya self&#33;&#39;....

There a stack of games available on the Xbox that are not just First Person Shooters or PC ports...games that are Original ( I kid you not&#33;&#33...Its just a shame that Game developers have been so Blinkered in there devotion to the PS2..without giving the Xbox much of a chance (which by the way as been commented on many times as been a hell of a lot easier to develop for than the PS2)..

PS2 is inferior technology.. it was 12 months ago. Yes it has a large catalogue of games, but c&#39;mon the majority of those suck..you could list all PS2 games and 70% of them you would have never heard of/or played...So dont give me that balls people about this big back catalogue..Play games on Superior technology...with less games..Yes&#33; But more polished&#33;&#33;

Thank You
    B.Gates
    Microsoft

Oh buy a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube or whatever....At the end of the day its all about choice&#33;&#33; Have Fun&#33;
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha&#33;&#33;

2. Games   -   #32
    well said

but have to go with the PS2

B)

if u cant make up ur mind just go save up for both lol

3. Games   -   #33
    Originally posted by p2pmaster@22 January 2004 - 22:12
    well said

but have to go with the PS2
    After all that Ranting......You shit&#33;&#33;&#33;

4. Games   -   #34
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz+22 January 2004 - 12:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slimboyfatz @ 22 January 2004 - 12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrunkeNStylE@21 January 2004 - 04:34
    The real xbox killer

Yeah im gonna go out and get a PS2...so i cant play Halo 2, Deus Ex- Invisible War, Half-Life 2, Doom3, Unreal 2......yeah i want a PS2 because i dont want to be able to run Games with High Res textures, high frame-rates, 5.1 surround sound....Ooh i want a PS2 so i cannot play games that come very close to their PC counterparts but on a console a Tenth of the price of a PC.......

&#39;I love the Smell of Sarcasm in the Morning&#33;&#33;&#33;&#39;

PS..Yes i owned a PS2 first..sold it..bought an Xbox...so i&#39;ve tasted both...it just makes me laugh when people talk about the one Console they have ever owned (or the one mum bought ya for xmas) without ever trying other consoles on the market........I may be clutching at straws here DrunkenStyle...but you dont own an Xbox do you????? [/b][/quote]
    actualy i do own both i use my x-box for a coffe table i haved oned about 3 or 4 ps2&#39;s (freaking dre error) ps2 is better xbox has gayass controlsers) and not the best games, SONY is "teh shit" and always has been END OF DISCUSSION

5. Games   -   #35
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz+22 January 2004 - 05:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slimboyfatz @ 22 January 2004 - 05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@22 January 2004 - 13:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz
    @22 January 2004 - 04:11

if you think the measure of a console is in its conversions from PC games (first person shooters in particular)... you&#39;ve missed the point. :flame: :flame:
    Why oh Why do people persist in saying that ALL Xbox games are Ports of their PC counterparts... Bullshit&#33;&#33;&#33;.... [/b][/quote]
    PAY ATTENTION. i was going by the list of games that YOU said qualified Xbox as the better console... and they were just a bunch of PC conversions.

6. Games   -   #36
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Now I hope I won&#39;t have to close this thread.

:flame:

7. Games   -   #37
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Your all a bunch of whinney bitches, ya know that? Why so you all insist on preaching about how better your fuckin console is then the other ones, no one fucking cares.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by Tormentor@22 January 2004 - 23:29
    Your all a bunch of whinney bitches, ya know that? Why so you all insist on preaching about how better your fuckin console is then&nbsp; the other ones, no one fucking cares.
    quit your whining, ya damn whiner. :rtfm: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

edit: wouldn&#39;t mind seeing this one locked, actually. "Xbox Killer." not as if the Xbox needs a killer-- the PS2 is killing it already. if they can put a decent menu system on that Apex machine, it sounds like it&#39;d be a pretty good multimedia device (but a crappy game console).

9. Games   -   #39
    Im off to play on my Atari Jaguar...this thread has got too, too much...LOL :l

10. Games   -   #40
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@23 January 2004 - 02:49
    Im off to play on my Atari Jaguar...
    Hell ya man, those things are classic. Bought mine a couple years ago and havnt stopped playing since.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast