Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Guide To Folding@home

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Installed and running now.
    Good idea moving it to the lounge, I'm sure a load more peeps will see this now.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    I've joined too and will let this run at all times, unless i'm gaming. I've also had UD Agent running for a while now which helps in cancer research. My computer is running 24-7, and i'm not even at it most the time so why not use up some clock cycles.

Well done jaigandhi5, for promoting this.

EDIT :- Athlon XP 2400 = 2gHz (let's not get into that one, ok (the geeks here will understand))

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by liquidacid@22 January 2004 - 01:22
    I've joined too and will let this run at all times, unless i'm gaming. I've also had UD Agent running for a while now which helps in cancer research. My computer is running 24-7, and i'm not even at it most the time so why not use up some clock cycles.

Well done jaigandhi5, for promoting this.

thanx guyz

"Every Mhz Counts"
    anyone wana know what gromacs are?

little summary..

What is gromacs?

Gromacs is the new folding core (FAHcore_78.exe) GROMACS provides extremely high performance compared to all other programs. For some calculations, gromacs affords benefits over the current code in FAH (the current code is based on Jay Ponder's Tinker), especially a great speed increase (perhaps up to 10x-20x)

anyone interested..?
    Last edited by Spicker; 11-26-2006 at 03:47 AM.

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i have signed up also.

1.35ghz i believe, and about 16 hours a day, sometimes more.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    yea and anyone who signs up plz just put ur CPU speed and how long u leave it on...

so we hav a rough overview of how many Ghz running

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by liquidacid@21 January 2004 - 23:22
    I've joined too and will let this run at all times, unless i'm gaming.
    There's no point in doing that at all - the process priority is automatically set to low so it will never harm your gaming performance. The folding program never uses CPU cycles if there is another program needing them. It also uses at most 10MB of RAM, so it's not going to clog up your memory either.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Lamsey+22 January 2004 - 01:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 22 January 2004 - 01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-liquidacid@21 January 2004 - 23:22
    I&#39;ve joined too and will let this run at all times, unless i&#39;m gaming.
    There&#39;s no point in doing that at all - the process priority is automatically set to low so it will never harm your gaming performance. The folding program never uses CPU cycles if there is another program needing them. It also uses at most 10MB of RAM, so it&#39;s not going to clog up your memory either. [/b][/quote]
    yea thts right...i leave it on all the time (except when my mom tells me to shut down the computer )

also i read somewhere you should not hav screensavers...because some of them use the cpu

My Blog
    I'm still here.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@21 January 2004 - 23:39
    also i read somewhere you should not hav screensavers...because some of them use the cpu
    Yes, but not much - unless it&#39;s a 3d-intensive one and you don&#39;t have a good 3d card. Simple 2d screensavers shouldn&#39;t hurt performance much.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Retired
    good you pinned it LAMSEY I was planning to suggest this

{I}{K}{E}

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey
    There&#39;s no point in doing that at all - the process priority is automatically set to low so it will never harm your gaming performance. The folding program never uses CPU cycles if there is another program needing them. It also uses at most 10MB of RAM, so it&#39;s not going to clog up your memory either.
    Oh right. Ok, i&#39;ll run it all the time then.

(That reminds me Lamsey, i&#39;m owing you HW2, will sort it out soon - promise )

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast