Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superutilities 2003

Originally posted by skelley521@2 March 2003 - 04:12
    come back with the scoop on edonkey........
    don't use edonkey, use emule, or one of its mods. It is slow, but that is mainly when you start out. They have a credit system, which kazaa was shooting for, but failed horribly in. It usually takes me a couple hours to get games, and such on emule, but i upload a lot compared to others. The downloads are checked for corruption, so you don't get any corrupted movies or games. Its nice. Lotta new people couldn't stand the speed, but i get slow people on both kazaa and emule. If you can stand it, then give it a try, otherwise stick with kazaa.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    QUOTE:zapjb

Gnuttella is NOT part of the FTN!
    If its not, then why do I get people from fileshare, grokster, and to my surprise a dude from Morpheus (had to cap. that one...started out there 2 yrs ago *grin)
    downloading from me??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    looks like Pi$h to me. Even if it were true, what's the big deal. Why would anyone want this, other than to have it. You can already get everything you need.

Look at the "screenshot" at the bottom of the website. There are bit's of text missing (e.g.tops of letters cut off) and you can see where the creator has blurred to try and mask that it is a cut and paste image. Doesn't make me confident.

If such a file exists and I am not saying that it doesn't, I would neither download nor use it. To each his own though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    it is a fake, just look at the cd-imgae, kinda reminds me of norton.....whatever it's called not the A/V though, system works maybe? FAKE SHIT!

Greetz,
    KraZaka

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Skelley go to Slyck.com & see for yourself.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by artmaster88@2 March 2003 - 13:21
    it is a fake, just look at the cd-imgae, kinda reminds me of norton.....whatever it's called not the A/V though, system works maybe? FAKE SHIT!
    Read the damn page. He brings a bunch of software onto one disk, makes it multibootable. He modifies the autorun so it displays everything. Then he has a bootmenu which loads if you boot from the cd. He based it off norton utilities 2003, thats why it looks like that.

I would be happy to upload this on an ftp site or two if you dont believe me. If not i'll just pull my original post.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    well if it's real why can i not find it using kazaa? maybe if you have a hash i could see for myself. found it on donkey though. let's see what it's like when i'm done...

Greetz,
    KraZaka

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    @zapjb , well the noobie guide in this forum says that it is a modified gnutella network... gnutella + supernodes...and the Sherman sold Morpheus the rights to use a modified version....still don't know where those fileshare and grokster users came from......hmmmm

supernodes

as for the superutilities, I still don't know....donwloading the 8in1 now @ 0.2 kb..*sniff

emule, edonkey??, 'been readin'....any other info., I would like to hear your opinions?? You can pm me if you want....dont want to get any arguments started.

Zeropaid says
    eMule is a open source filesharing client which is based on the eDonkey2000 network but offers more features than the standard client.
    But shareReac., has the direct links for edonkey...hmmm.....emule/edonkey use the same client?

I better read more.....brb

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    I posted the first reply and then forgot all about this!

Gnutella is a decentralized network just like the FastTrack Network, but they have different protocols.
    When you read that FTN is a modified gnutella network + supernodes, it's just an analogy to show you that it works like gnutella (decentralized) and it uses supernodes to connect between users, hence being a better network.
    In the beginning, Morpheus was a FastTrack client but then Sharman Networks kicked them out of the network and they were forced to find a new solution.
    So Morpheus became a gnutella client.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Thanks for the verification DataMore. B)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast