Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wondering Something

i know, but it would give me about the next best thing other then watercooling i can get. as long as i set everything up properly, and drop the fan from pushing 680cfm down to about 300 cfm the noise will be good, and everything will be running cool. it shouldt be to hard to save up $90 for the panel (of course that panel isnt made to fit the computer, i have to mod my old case, so it fits the stuff in my current one, and put a 10" hole in the old side panel for it to fit and run correctly. my only concren is vibration, so im going to be using rubber dampers, and whatever i can to stop that.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Hey PC, if you only want 300cfm why get a fan that puts out 600+?
    That is a very heavy fan to hang on a flimsy PC case sidepanel.
    Vibration is going to be a major problem, trust me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    now that im thinking about, i never figured weight into it.

anybody here think its possible for me to hook 2 case together side by side as 1 case? to make like an extra wide case, so i can make like a really cool show inside, plus still have room for all my cooling ideas?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    my temps are only 2 degrees warmer then urs..and my mobo is cooler...looks like the stock amd HS/F is pretty good
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@25 January 2004 - 18:53
    now that im thinking about, i never figured weight into it.

anybody here think its possible for me to hook 2 case together side by side as 1 case? to make like an extra wide case, so i can make like a really cool show inside, plus still have room for all my cooling ideas?
    Yes, that might be a very easy way to do it.

You could mount your fans on the unused motherboard wall as those walls are usually pretty sturdy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 January 2004 - 21:54
    my temps are only 2 degrees warmer then urs..and my mobo is cooler...looks like the stock amd HS/F is pretty good
    youve got better airflow, and a better case, and yeah actually the stock amd hsf combo is pretty good. wait until i hook my 10" 680cfm fan up!!! then we'll see whos talking. lol

ohh... and also, im running the fan on my volcanoe at a dead silent state, meaning its only doing about 1/4 of its full ability. so i could be having better temps if i wanted

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 January 2004 - 21:54
    Looks like once again I need to state that you have f*cking redicliously low temps.

As for the fan door thing in general, it seems like a silly idea, too much sound for the amount of air you intened to move just to cool your case a bit more.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    ur talkin to bigdawg right? well if ur not then im worried about my temps. im paranoid, and like to see my temps in the 30s. which is why im gonna try out this fanpanel idea i have. or hopefully a 10" monster at 680cfm.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@26 January 2004 - 01:31
    ur talkin to bigdawg right? well if ur not then im worried about my temps. im paranoid, and like to see my temps in the 30s. which is why im gonna try out this fanpanel idea i have. or hopefully a 10" monster at 680cfm.
    Yes I was talking to bigdawg.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    yo sciman- why are you using ecc registered ram if your using an athlon xp2500+? id sell that shit right now and pick my self up come corsair xms pc4200 1gb kit. and i wish i had your cooling setup right now.. damn, 10c idle and 15c load.. shit id be overclocken it like a muthafucer.
    planning on upgrading and the ecc will come into play at that time , my abit board does however use the ECC ram (it says ) and when i overclock it gets closer to a no bottle neck soltuion... As for the overclock... 3000+ is pretty damned good... ( I think) I weant to put this in my test rig... hoping it doesn't blow up though... that test rig is fucking expensive...

The Heatpipe Cooling is doing just fine thanks!!! I am actually making some very simple instructions right now so that poeple can make there own... i am at pg 30, and still truckin... (god i hate writing ) The things works great, very nice... cn't hear a thing except when 6you put your ear up to it, and you hear the boiling sounds...

Ya know...........(lost my thought brb)

Watercooling is basicly picking up the heat and moving it somewhere else... hmmm.... What if you put a radiater(or more) in the path of that fan... then the watercooling would be insane lol...(i know you hate watercooling, rather you are afraid of it.. but just a thought...)

hmm... a big fan... hmm.... wher do you live?? i know clocker could probably just have a vent pump in air from outside into his computer andf that would help allot..,( -CO) ,but your case may be different...

BTW like your idea to put the cases together... wozers i would do that with multible computers... not for better cooling, but the mere consentration of such an array of comps...
    HEHEHEHE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234