Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need our own Movie Database

tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Ok, this is an example of a post with the maximum info and links for my taste:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...l=about+schmidt

But we could keep it much more simple.
    Like this one:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=16&t=17725

Again, I learned all this from Darth Sushi.

Edit: Just a question. Do I understand correctly, that only posts from the last 30 days can be seen in the Verified section and the older ones must be accesed through the search option? Because I had troubles finding my "About Schmidt" post.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Poster
    I agree with tilen76 way of posting the verifieds.
    It should also include the movies' resolution and links to the covers in cdcovers.cc.

If we could build a movies database like that we would be number 1 on the net. B)

[edit]: Nevermind what I said about the resolution. I see tilen76 already included that one in the quality info.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    @tilen: those are good examples. Now we just need to figure a way to actually do this.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by tilen76@2 March 2003 - 21:42
    Ok, this is an example of a post with the maximum info and links for my taste:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...l=about+schmidt

But we could keep it much more simple.
    Like this one:
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=16&t=17725

Again, I learned all this from Darth Sushi.
    I prefer the first. Especially if you don't recognise the movie, a wee bit of background to get interested.

I think the bitrate etc stuff is a bit ott, but I wouldn't object to it too much. Just a bit of clutter really.

All in all it looks really good. I remember now. you were Darth Sushi's Padawan. I recognised the influences. Don't be tempted by the dark side. The spam is in all of us, you must control it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    It seems he has already lost the battle to the dark side. Check out the thread about emoticons and you'll see the spam within that has come out of dormancy.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Shinigami@2 March 2003 - 21:49
    @tilen: those are good examples.  Now we just need to figure a way to actually do this.
    OK, I leave the techno stuff to the people who are good at it. I mean, I'm not very familiar with the Invision Board software.

But if we are talking how to organize the one pinned topic with all the verifieds and links to the original posts, then let me think about that over night. I may come up with an idea. I just hope I know all the features of the board software, being just a regular member and all.

@JmiF:

@ Darth Sushi: whenever you read this: Thank you for showing us how to post a movie.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    jetje's Avatar former star
    @tilen i like the 1st one to, but indeed bitrates is probably to much asked.

Btw do we agree in having one list, categorized on alphabet, with links to the aditional info like in my example?

If so we can go on thinkin on the info we need to fill in.

example
    0-9
    51st state
    6th day

A
    American Beauty

B
    Beautifull Mind, A

etc.

btw this also started me to think on unique way to categorize.

The Tuxedo, imo has to be filed as Tuxedo, The
    The Godfather as Godfather, The
    A Beautifull Mind as Beautifull Mind, A
    you get my drift B)

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@2 March 2003 - 22:03
    @tilen  i like the 1st one to, but indeed bitrates is probably to much asked.

Btw do we agree in having one list, categorized on alphabet, with links to the aditional info like in my example?

If so we can go on thinkin on the info we need to fill in.

example
    0-9
    51st state
    6th day

A
    A Beautifull Mind
    American Beauty

etc.

btw this also started me to think on unique way to categorize.

The Tuxedo, imo has to be filed as Tuxedo, The
    The Godfather as Godfather, The
    you get my drift  B)
    I agree with the bitrates being a little too much, I just showed two examples of a post, the one with max info and the one with min info.

I also agree about the titles that start with the "The".

I have another suggestion:
    sometimes the filenames are a little strange, like gony-ninja.avi. This one is hard to recognize as Gangs of New York.
    I say that we edit the Sig2Dat quicklinks in the database:
    Instead of:
    Empire_(2002).Xvid.DVDscr.UTI.ShareReactor.avi
    We should put down this:
    Empire (2002)

I just changed the bits between the <a href ...> and </a>, not causing the actual HASH to change. (The link though is not showing, because this topic is not in the verified section)

This way it would be much easier to see the movie titles in the list.

But as I said, let me think about the organization over the night and I might come up with an idea how to organize the thread. But yours jetje is a good start. I just think we can do better.

Perhaps we should wait for other movie contributors, like SD and DS to come to the board and give us some ideas, because we have to put the rules down before we begin building the database. Changing it later might be even more work.

Lets wait a day or two until we figure out exactly how are we going to do this. I mean there is no need to rush, if we have been without a database for so long, I think we can wait few more days.

Cheers

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Good idea, there is no real rush. All good ideas are welcome, so don&#39;t hasitate to give them B)

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    yay, now we all get to sleep on it. no more thinking aboutthis for today

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast