Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tycoon/sim Games

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@29 January 2004 - 23:32
    What ever happend to SimsVille.
    I never saw it in stores, online, anywhere.
    Did they cancel it?
    Yep, this is what IGN said about it...

September 20, 2001 - SimsVille, best described as a cross between The Sims and Sim City, has met an untimely end as it wasn't meeting Maxis' standards. Strange, considering when last we saw the game, it was actually shaping up fairly well. As a Maxis employee told us today,

"We have very high standards for our games, and SimsVille was meeting it in some places, but not in others."

Don't fret, little pet; it's not all grey clouds. Even though the title, which would have given users an intimate look at their denizens a la The Sims and a level of control a la Sim City, is gone, the knowledge used to create it will live on. The same Maxis representative told us,

"We're hoping to take what we've learned in SimsVille and using it in future projects."

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    Simsville was scrapped and integrated into Sim City 4

3. Games   -   #13
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride@30 January 2004 - 00:15
    Simsville was scrapped and integrated into Sim City 4
    sweet

4. Games   -   #14
    Man, Sim City 4 dont download off Suprnova.. both of the torrents have dead hosts.
    I tried Torrent Hunter, but got the same thing unless I was downloading the macintosh version which showed some ".toast" CD Image Formats. Havin to get it off emule now.. It's already at 50mb of 600mb or so on each cd. heh, after 8 hours.

5. Games   -   #15
    Ge4orceOne's Avatar Member
    I've played a few tycoon and sim games, but one of the best for me that stands the test of time is Transport Tycoon.( (And the Deluxe variant)
    It was one of the first games i ever played on a pc (around 1994-95) and one that i still play today. It's graphics look very outdated these days but its the gameplay that keeps you coming back for more.

I'd give it 8 out of 10, more if it wasnt so old

And a note to Chris Sawyer, make a sequal to it already instead of another roller coaster tycoon.

6. Games   -   #16
    I never really played SimCity games before, so i was wondering what are the goals in the game? Do you go up levels like in Roller Coaster Tycoon? I didnt seem to find any Faqs/Guides on the game that explained how to beat each level, so i'm wondering.. can you even beat each level?

7. Games   -   #17
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@2 February 2004 - 00:51
    I never really played SimCity games before, so i was wondering what are the goals in the game? Do you go up levels like in Roller Coaster Tycoon? I didnt seem to find any Faqs/Guides on the game that explained how to beat each level, so i'm wondering.. can you even beat each level?
    Well in all the SimCity games there isnt really any 'levels'.
    I mean you can play scenarios in where you have a target or mission. But in the general default kind of play mode the game is very open ended, you just keep playing till you run out of room to build more, or get bored, or royally screw something up up kill a few thousand people basically.

8. Games   -   #18
    Originally posted by Ge4orceOne+1 February 2004 - 11:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ge4orceOne @ 1 February 2004 - 11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@2 February 2004 - 00:51
    I never really played SimCity games before, so i was wondering what are the goals in the game? Do you go up levels like in Roller Coaster Tycoon? I didnt seem to find any Faqs/Guides on the game that explained how to beat each level, so i&#39;m wondering.. can you even beat each level?
    Well in all the SimCity games there isnt really any &#39;levels&#39;.
    I mean you can play scenarios in where you have a target or mission. But in the general default kind of play mode the game is very open ended, you just keep playing till you run out of room to build more, or get bored, or royally screw something up up kill a few thousand people basically. [/b][/quote]
    Damn.. so there&#39;s nothing to really work for?
    i rather play games you can eventually beat.. or just gain extra stuff in.

9. Games   -   #19
    Generally if you reach certain population sizes you gain access to bonus buildings, such as city hall&#39;s etc. Same applies for Sim City 4, certain tasks give you bonus structures, but there is not exactly and end to it. Some of the best games ever made are open ended, gran turismo and gta for example.

10. Games   -   #20
    hmm.. i agree with GTA3 and Vice.
    Maybe I&#39;ll try it then.
    Do you ever reach a state of having everything?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast