Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tycoon/sim Games

Ge4orceOne's Avatar Member
    Depends if you can fit everything in. My favourite SimCity game so far would have to be SimCity 3000 Unlimited. I find that with Sim City 4 to make a successful city you end up with ugly urban sprawl of the same city blocks all over the place. Just like real life really. in 3000 you can have a bit more freedom to plan. Thats what I feel anyway.

Even if you do get everything in the game, there is next to no way of having the perfect city, you may be able to rake in lots of money, but have high crime, or you may have a high unemployment rate or polution etc. Its the search for perfection that keeps you coming back to play again and try to make an even better city than last time.

2. Games   -   #22
    Twist3r
    i bought the sims and 2 expantion packs, i liked to build and furnish the houses but then it got boring when u accually play

3. Games   -   #23
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Twister@1 February 2004 - 12:27
    i bought the sims and 2 expantion packs, i liked to build and furnish the houses but then it got boring when u accually play
    hmm yea... The game is all about improvement.
    There's never a perfect house because it could allways use a little of this.. and a little of that. Oh yea, your sim needs to learn stuff! and get a job so it can buy stuff! and maybe talk and marry another sim and stuff. heh, it gets old after awhile i guess. The game becomes very sinister and quiet.. you find yourself playing at 3 am watchin that sim live.. and live and live!! Now the sims 2?
    that's just insaine.............

4. Games   -   #24
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    The same thing happened when I played The Sims. At first I was obsessed with designing my house and making enough money to buy lots of nice toys, but then it got boring just watching my people live their lives. I think it would be more fun if you could actually use some of the stuff you buy. For example, when you buy a pool table or a pinball machine you should actually be able to play with them like a mini game.

5. Games   -   #25
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    The Sims Inc. Expansions - 9/10
    SimCity 4 - 8/10
    RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 - 8/10
    Theme Hospital - 5/10

But, one of my favourites of all time was Transport Tycoon Deluxe You can download the full game on thousands of websites and it's only 14MB Unfortunatly, Chris Sawyer decided not to further the game by making a sequal and moved onto other noticable games. This is the one that started it all.

Screenshots below...

6. Games   -   #26
    Microsoft Train Simulator: 1/10 No people, no disasters, no fun. (i had a friend copy it for me once, heh wat a waste of a blank cd)

Age of empires 1: 7/10 Great War sim. When i first played this awhile back, i thought it was one of the most revolutionary games out there like warcraft, but better graphics. Now it's showing it's age majorly, but still great gameplay.

Age of empires 2: 7.5/10 Even Greater war sim, but also somewhat showing it's age also. Nice improvements and alot more things to do.

Empire Earth: 2/10 Uhg! Horrible graphics, and very annoying gameplay! This game uses zoomed in game models for videos, but not like warcraft 3, the game looks extremely horrible zoomed in that close. It spans to the Nano age, but choppy details and skipping, so its silly how you can get from dark to nano in like allmost a year in game time. I dont know, but i just hated this game.

Rise of Nations: 8/10: Gets rid of alot of annoyances that were in other games, but somehow the gameplay is very stressfull and alot more challenging (good for some people, bad for others) than age of empires games. The game plays like a board game, where each battle is actually done with RTS gameplay. Pretty fun, but takes hours upon hours to beat some levels.

Warcraft 3: 9/10 Decent Graphics, fast pasted and relaxed gameplay, warriors than you must level and gather items with. The cinematics are breathtakeing. There is a story as well. The only part that keeps this game from getting and perfect 10/10 is the slightly goofy looking characters and such. I'm into very realistic proportions when it comes to games like these, but I would guess this game has a unique style to it's look.

7. Games   -   #27
    recently downloaded and played Theme Hospital for the first time and for an old game, it's got some zing to it still. The types of conditions are pretty humerous, while the game feels alot like the sims.. as were you manage the hospital instead.
    A remake of this game with more stuff and better graphics would probably be a pretty good thing to do.

8. Games   -   #28
    Poster
    how can you put the sims above rollercoaster tycoon.

trains and trucks tycoon is a good one too. its like a 3d railroad tycoon but with trucks too. its easier to get into but doesnt have the same lifespan
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

9. Games   -   #29
    I wonder if there&#39;s a "Mafia Hideout" sim where ya build the mafia hideout building (from dump, to underground, to mansion) The Don is auto spawned in the beging of the game and maybe has upgradable stats. (or each level has different Don stats)
    You hire thugs, bouncers, masterminds, etc for the biz. Your rooms include an office, some rentable rooms, collecting valt, bathrooms, kitchen/bar, and some kind of entertainment to keep the peepz happy.
    It wouldnt be like GTA 3 Vice City, because your actually building a giant mod place instead.
    I say this game idea sound very fun&#33;&#33;

10. Games   -   #30
    Hmm, what about a CIA sim. Build the CIA.
    nah, might get a bad crowd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast