Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overnet Rpc Error

No, we were both wrong. Ariel was right with the call. I just didn't think it was a virus since, Mcafee + Trend failed to detect it.

Yes, I definately may still have some spyware on me. Which is why I'm firewalling myself like a madman.

I've forward the 2 ports you mentioned and yes, Overnet does read "Open" at the bottem left, next to "Connected".

It's sad 'cause, were I used to get something like 30k downloads, now I'm getting like 5-9k.

I think these attacks are specifically aimed at Overnet users.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    ok, all you firewall users for Overnet please help. :helpsmile:

I've set TCP 4662 and UDP 6440 for Overnet and opened these ports on my firewall.

But once I do this Overnet downloads much slower. Are there any other ports that I should open for Overnet to download faster?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Are you using a router or a software firewall. if it is a software firewall then you could just allow overnet to work on all ports incoming and outgoing.

If you are using a router then you going to need to forward the ports overnet uses.

also use norton antivirus corp. it is fast and lite weight and done not come with crap like Mcafee.

(i hate how you have to update Mcafee and the "extra" crap it has. Mabe someone can show me a better version)

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    BANNED
    mcafee 7.0 pro and no problems what so ever and you don't update it, you update your virus definitions every now and then they do have and update for the program but who does not?? also norton is one of the softwares that can have a compatiblity issue with overnet, and norton sucks anyways,

best firewall is sygate.

you guys can use almost any port you like but if you gonna change it then restart overnet and give it time, your sources had you done for the other ports give it time and see if it does not change after a day then change it

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 February 2004 - 15:45
    mcafee 7.0 pro and no problems what so ever and you don't update it, you update your virus definitions every now and then they do have and update for the program but who does not?? also norton is one of the softwares that can have a compatiblity issue with overnet, and norton sucks anyways,

best firewall is sygate.

you guys can use almost any port you like but if you gonna change it then restart overnet and give it time, your sources had you done for the other ports give it time and see if it does not change after a day then change it
    The problem I found with mcafee is that it has to be updated in Internet Explorer as a activex/popup window and has the has extra buttons and shit like " spam guard not installed" or something like that.

anyways you will have to set up your router (assuming you have one) to forward ports overnet uses (check settings) or if you use a software firewall (like sygate or norton's) just let it connect to any ports, incoming and outgoing)

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    BANNED
    emm boss i have no idea what you are talking about with mcafee???? my default browser is opera (no activex) and also all internet traffic goes thru ghost surf (proxied)

now that i look at your post better, its sounds like you are talking about the bottomof the line mcafee and the mcafee security center which you can disable to not install at all.

again as i said mcafee pro 7.0

remember all products have different versions, the one i 'm talking about is easy and nice and no problem or too much cpu usage.

having said that, i belive the best av is nav and firewall is sygate

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@7 February 2004 - 10:06
    emm boss i have no idea what you are talking about with mcafee???? my default browser is opera (no activex) and also all internet traffic goes thru ghost surf (proxied)

now that i look at your post better, its sounds like you are talking about the bottomof the line mcafee and the mcafee security center which you can disable to not install at all.

again as i said mcafee pro 7.0

remember all products have different versions, the one i 'm talking about is easy and nice and no problem or too much cpu usage.

having said that, i belive the best av is nav and firewall is sygate
    mcafee pro 7.0 . ok i go try it. maybe your are right B)

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Have you use the beta plug-in or any Emule mod??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123