Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adata Memory

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well, i dont think you could ocerclock the chip by that much, you might get lucky, but usually it will have stopped being able to boot at fsb's lower than 400 (i think, ive never overclocked before i just know this stuff...somehow. lol) but sometimes when trying to voerclock a chip you will run into the problem where the fsb cant go any higher because the memory you have isnt very good for overclocking. with 400fsb ram you should be able to get the chip up without having to worry about memory problems. the only problem will be the chip in that case.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Thanks, that's what I think I was planning on the outset, after hearing so many great overclocking recommendations about the Barton 2500+ chip. Whew

I'm starting to go round in circles!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@3 February 2004 - 19:21
    well, i dont think you could ocerclock the chip by that much, you might get lucky, but usually it will have stopped being able to boot at fsb's lower than 400 (i think, ive never overclocked before i just know this stuff...somehow. lol) but sometimes when trying to voerclock a chip you will run into the problem where the fsb cant go any higher because the memory you have isnt very good for overclocking. with 400fsb ram you should be able to get the chip up without having to worry about memory problems. the only problem will be the chip in that case.
    dude everyone runs there barton 2500+ at 200x11 (meaning 400mhz fsb) with no problems. hell even stock cooling is enough to do that (but with decently high temps of 50+). so if u plan on overclocking make sure to get a better heatsink and thermal paste. and the memory looks ok, ive never heard of them tho... also u will have NO problems overclocking the processor up to 400mhz fsb as long as u have decent airflow.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Excellent! PC-gamer-dude, that is just what I wanted to hear! Cheers!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by Hector@4 February 2004 - 01:09
    Excellent! PC-gamer-dude, that is just what I wanted to hear! Cheers!
    it you run it at 400fsb u may have to up the vcore of the chip, and also is ur board capable of changing the fsb

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    There are plenty of threads on adata memory here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

I think you have to register to to search for them though.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude+3 February 2004 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pc-gamer-dude @ 3 February 2004 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@3 February 2004 - 19:21
    well, i dont think you could ocerclock the chip by that much, you might get lucky, but usually it will have stopped being able to boot at fsb&#39;s lower than 400 (i think, ive never overclocked before i just know this stuff...somehow. lol) but sometimes when trying to voerclock a chip you will run into the problem where the fsb cant go any higher because the memory you have isnt very good for overclocking. with 400fsb ram you should be able to get the chip up without having to worry about memory problems. the only problem will be the chip in that case.
    dude everyone runs there barton 2500+ at 200x11 (meaning 400mhz fsb) with no problems. hell even stock cooling is enough to do that (but with decently high temps of 50+). so if u plan on overclocking make sure to get a better heatsink and thermal paste. and the memory looks ok, ive never heard of them tho... also u will have NO problems overclocking the processor up to 400mhz fsb as long as u have decent airflow. [/b][/quote]
    really? i didnt know you could overclock it by so much with no problems. i learnt something new today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12