Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updated Design

h1
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@8 February 2004 - 01:56
    People should leave 7th alone and concentrate on the mods!

LOL, I hope you're joking, Dean.

Are you?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@8 February 2004 - 07:02
    l do have one request tho 7th.  This board has a lot of pinned topics, but do they have to have that ugly Pinned next to them?  It makes them look untidy, and it is unnecessary.  In Admin CP there is an option to have nothing written there.  The topics are already in their own section, the titles are bold, and they have a "Pinned" icon next to them.  Perhaps you could try turning it off for a while and see what people think?

the original reason for that was was to try to make them more visible. people would come and post a question that was covered by a pinned thread.

there was a couple of ideas at the time - like having *floating*, un-pinned topics pointing people in the direction of the pinned guides/tutorials/whatever

it was just hoped that newcomers would spot these threads first, and this would cut down on the 'n00b' questions, and then the :rtfaq: replies/flames

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    dude, i love the forum but, maybe you should realize that

WE THE USERS, MAKE THE BOARD, AND WE THE USERS MAKE IT WORK.

and, it has been succesfull because of you work and because its accepted.

I personally think we should make a design contest, or atleast a poll... polls work nicely.

and very personally i dont like the index page.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@8 February 2004 - 16:03
    LOL, I hope you're joking, Dean.

Are you?

@ POL, have a look here and tell me they don't stand out.

My point is, it makes the board untidy, plus, you tend to read the topic titles beginning with "Pinned: ....... "

Turn it off for a day, it&#39;s piss easy, <Admin CP> <System Settings> <Topics Posts and Polls> and l&#39;ll never call you a prick again.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Originally posted by superdude@8 February 2004 - 00:50
    dude, i love the forum but, maybe you should realize that

WE THE USERS, MAKE THE BOARD, AND WE THE USERS MAKE IT WORK.

and, it has been succesfull because of you work and because its accepted.

I personally think we should make a design contest, or atleast a poll... polls work nicely.

and very personally i dont like the index page.
    STFU&#33; Its been too much just leave it now.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Every dynamic site evolves, either in terms of expansion or shrinking. Any dynamic site (and a few static sites) that stay the same all the time usually age and/or start to look old or not updated for a while.

We&#39;ve had the board split down the middle for a lot of things this past year - ES5&#39;s "promotion", the War on Iraq Discussions, Balamm&#39;s leave from his moderator post... This is just the same.

And don&#39;t forget the infamous forum rule has always applied - "This is not a democracy - It&#39;s a semi-benevolent dictatorship"

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 7thElement@8 February 2004 - 03:19
    Forum design is now set to 90 % - anything else looks bad. The site design will stay at 780 pixels cause it looks very ugly to make it 90 % too.

I don&#39;t care if people attack me cause I know exacty what I am doing but it is sad that people start to attack me with personal insults like "since you are admin the stats drop" and so on.

I am always open for suggestions but I am getting tired to see just attacks from all sides just because something isn&#39;t like a few people want it.

Every site does changes and most times webmasters don&#39;t give a fuck what others think. I care more than you maybe think because if not I would just quit all this and save my PERSONAL money and go to a pub instead. I would not host the board and also not the klitesite.com but it seems like many people just want to cause troubles.

New things will always come but luckily no more design changes for a long time. People will always complain but that&#39;s ok cause I can deal with it. Sometimes I wish I was an ass like many people and just don&#39;t care but I think there are already enough asses so I&#39;ll keep going my way.

If you think all this sucks do yourself a favor and leave, find another board or do it better. I don&#39;t care what people say or think about me because I am no newbie webmaster who does what people vote for. If I am against something then I am against it and even 10.000 members can change anything about it.

I will never change something just because a few people attack me and I will also not tolerate if people try to pick sides against me. I changed the board design because a few people asked very friendly if there is no other acceptable solution for 800 x 600 users and not because I have the need to feel cool.

I won&#39;t bring old skins back just because a few people don&#39;t like the new one but I will design new skins where people can choose from.

I am very sorry but branding is a must if you want to lead a successful community. If people don&#39;t like it they have to find a new community but I decide for the best of the board and not just because I can.

Marc
    No, I am happy how it is now it is something inbetween.

I don&#39;t think the statistics will drop and ppl will disappear, ok maybe..., but I will
    stay here. I would not leave, I would stay so I can tell you my thoughts openly.

As each thought counts.

I think, your design:

* is now well done, although I am a bit unhappy about the changing
    of the old logo - You know I love light colors, like light blue. It even contains
    the old bride.ru banner. That is fine.

* should include also the old default IPB Skin, as some ppl - me, too - are used
    to see the old design. I am opened for changes, ok but I also have to mention
    that generally I don&#39;t love big and fast changes - that is nothing special has to do
    with you It emerged from my experience until now.

Hope that helps you to get a impression how I see the K-Lite Board,

David Nierzwicki.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Lick My Lovepump
    I&#39;m happy now, well done 7th&#33;

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I.am@8 February 2004 - 18:00

STFU&#33; Its been too much just leave it now.
    Why do you feel the constant need to pull people up about everything?

10. Do not Stalk. Do not travel the boards looking for people who you feel are breaking rules so you can tell them off. Do not warn people of the rules when they first arrive - that can be insulting. If someone is being a nuisance on the board, and a moderator is aware of the situation, consider backing off. Goading and provoking troublemakers takes control of the situation away from the moderator and makes their role more difficult.
    Stop acting like a mod&#33;

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    I thought that a webmaster should be responsive to customer desires. But you said that even if 10.000 users said they didn&#39;t like it, you wouldn&#39;t change it?

But I do like the new design, and I like the new index page with all the latest news etc. I&#39;d also like a new skin to be added because my resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels, and I can see the blue bars at each side of the screen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast