View Poll Results: What Should Withcheese Change His Name To?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brenda

6 15.00%
  • Suzie

3 7.50%
  • Claire

4 10.00%
  • Damon

0 0%
  • Ugly

6 15.00%
  • Cheese

2 5.00%
  • Smeg

3 7.50%
  • Toonpidgeonchachacha

6 15.00%
  • WithoutCheese

10 25.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Should Withcheese Change His Name To?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam@12 February 2004 - 00:01
    If Brenda's upset I'd recommend you PM a mod and have it deleted - otherwise it's just a late night lack of judgement that'll be remebered and strengthen future judgement.

On the other hand - if you're all looking for a new cause to get stuck into then go for it.........I'm with ya
    You just convinced me Sam4
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    That it may well have been a mistake and can been seen as as just that.

and...

I had the feeling an "anti-establishment, "let's all get riled up and start complaining" " type of thing was brewing - not that I'm complaining those kinda nights tend to make an interesting read.

To be honest - it seemed people were getting upset when it didn't need to be like that - was just trying to fins a way to move things on

- By clarifying that point it's just continued the discussion

BTW - Perhaps he'd like to be called Claire or Brenda?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+11 February 2004 - 23:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) &#064; 11 February 2004 - 23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samsamsamsam@12 February 2004 - 00:01
    otherwise it&#39;s just a late night lack of judgement that&#39;ll be remebered and strengthen future judgement.

On the other hand - if you&#39;re all looking for a new cause to get stuck into then go for it.........I&#39;m with ya
    Not too sure what you mean could you clarify please [/b][/quote]

The above post was replying to this

Although I&#39;m glad you&#39;re convinced now

4. Lounge   -   #34
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    oh....ok , thanks for that displeasure voiced now moving on

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Damn it - just realised it was 2 different posts and not one that was edited

How did I become involved in this??

6. Lounge   -   #36
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I voted for Brenda

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Ex-member
    I created the poll after the second post in this thread, which was WithCheese suggesting a name for himself. I assumed from that he was &#39;up for it&#39; - it seemed pretty obvious to me.
    Perhaps I have made an error of judgement in not expressly asking him first, but I have just asked him about it on soulseek and he says he was and is in no way offended by it.

With regards to the homophobia of calling him a girl&#39;s name, I don&#39;t see that one at all to be honest - but maybe that&#39;s because I come from a generation which is desensitised to such things.

Well, in conclusion, I&#39;m fairly fucked off now because apparently I have inadvertnetly caused Boab to take offence and disappear for a while - again. Let&#39;s hope he comes back soon.

Apologies to all concerned if they were in any way offended. As always it was not my intention.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    It appears to me that the person who is the subject of this poll is not upset by it&#39;s content. If they were, then they would have reported it, I am quite sure that the mods would have then done something about it. I take this as a bit of good humoured fun. It seems that withcheese sees it the same way.

I also do not see how describing a man by a woman&#39;s name is homophobic. That suggests that gay men are "girly". Where does that come from ? Actually the suggestion is offensive to gay men if you think about it. In my experience some gay men are effeminite, but some straight men are also effeminite. The homophobic complaint is just silly.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    BANNED
    l don&#39;t know why you included Brenda in the poll, he obviously didn&#39;t like it or he wouldn&#39;t have changed it to Withcheese.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    howabout WithJimF

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast