Be Loud and Be Proud Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by xbballplaya223x@16 February 2004 - 14:15
    deleted the inmiddels famous qoute    - jetje
    love your avatar

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Spindulik@16 February 2004 - 19:30
    Why is it that all homosexuals are called "gay". Women are refered to as "lesbian", but the men are refered to as just "gay". Aren't women gay too?

If I said I had a gay friend, most assume a male person (possibly female, we aren't quite sure since I didn't specify the gender), but if I said my friend was a lesbian, you'd know I was talking about a woman.

What are the male gays called? What is the proper term?
    Interesting comment, I posted the same thing at my old Anarchy Online forum in Dec 2002.

Hobbes
    If a female homosexual is a lesbian (from the Greek isle of Lesbos), what is the male homologue? It seems so obvious, but I can't think of it?

Still waiting for the answer.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Mathea@16 February 2004 - 18:50
    Be Loud and Be Proud Jonno

Hey I've always been loud

Dunno about proud :helpsmile:

Heh, anyway who told you

Ok I'm gonna be quiet now before they all start on me for the 4 millionth time

Actually I should'nt be in this thread, I'm not gay, well, I'm happy but not........ok I'm cofused

Ok , I'm just not worried , boy, girl , girl , boy, boygirl

All the same, just a lil bit different I guess

Ok I'm going

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 February 2004 - 19:14
    Hobbes
    If a female homosexual is a lesbian (from the Greek isle of Lesbos), what is the male homologue? It seems so obvious, but I can't think of it?

Still waiting for the answer.
    A mykonian?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mathea@16 February 2004 - 18:27
    Sad that there's still ppl that can't handle themselves
    Jonno can handle himself.

He stands at the back and eggs people on.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mathea@16 February 2004 - 18:27
    Well, not necessarily gay, but yes, attracted to the same sex. I know that sounds like the same thing.... but well, let's say they tend to be "straight with bi-tendencies"....... and the reason they are so homophobic is bc they cant handle the part of themselves that is turned on or pleased by images and thoughts about members of the same sex. Sad that there's still ppl that can't handle themselves and instead lash out in anger and ignorance....
    thats kinda bullcrap. lol

you cant generalise people full stop...

just cos some homophobes are opressing theyre inner gayness...

some people just plain dont like gay people and think its wrong.. doesnt make them gay themselves...

being open minded is good... but being able to understand not everyones mind works like yours.. is better.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    I for one am not a homophobe, but I am not gay either. That sort of gay stuff doesn&#39;t appeal to me. Nature gave all of us instincts, and if somebody is a homophobe, that is nature&#39;s way of preserving that person&#39;s survival for himself and his offspring. Let&#39;s face it, most white people reproduce white people, most black people produce black people (and then some). Nature is somehow carrying on tradition to future generatiuons to preserve what is important.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    BANNED
    l was gonna comment here, but the last two posters have made a good job of it.

l don&#39;t have a gay bone in my body, to such an extent that l am very comfortable around gays. l was sitting on the verandah of my local pub one day with a gay mate, (his name is Rick too, and a pom&#33 Another guy came up and asked him for a date, in front of me. l said, "How do you know we&#39;re not a couple?" They both laughed. "We can tell, it&#39;s so obvious." Gay men who claim that all men are latent homosexuals really piss me off, it&#39;s not true, not even nearly true.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by Romeo187+17 February 2004 - 05:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Romeo187 &#064; 17 February 2004 - 05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mathea@16 February 2004 - 18:27
    Well, not necessarily gay, but yes, attracted to the same sex. I know that sounds like the same thing.... but well, let&#39;s say they tend to be "straight with bi-tendencies"....... and the reason they are so homophobic is bc they cant handle the part of themselves that is turned on or pleased by images and thoughts about members of the same sex. Sad that there&#39;s still ppl that can&#39;t handle themselves and instead lash out in anger and ignorance....
    thats kinda bullcrap. lol

you cant generalise people full stop...

just cos some homophobes are opressing theyre inner gayness...

some people just plain dont like gay people and think its wrong.. doesnt make them gay themselves...

being open minded is good... but being able to understand not everyones mind works like yours.. is better. [/b][/quote]
    I think mathea is right&#33;&#33;

I think he wasn&#39;t talking about himself......

Not being into gay peeps is a whole different game then being homophobe&#33;&#33;

Definition
    phobia&nbsp; [Show phonetics]
    noun [C]
    an extreme fear of a particular thing or situation, especially one that cannot be reasonably explained:
    I&#39;ve got a phobia about/of worms.

-phobia [Show phonetics]
    suffix
    Xenophobia means hatred of foreigners.

phobic&nbsp; [Show phonetics]
    adjective, noun [C]
    I wouldn&#39;t describe myself as (a) phobic but I don&#39;t like heights.

phobic&nbsp; [Show phonetics]
    adjective INFORMAL
    having a strong dislike of something:
    Why are so many companies phobic about employing fat people?

Why pick up the glove when it doesn&#39;t fit???

Yogi-

Oh and:

Gay men who claim that all men are latent homosexuals really piss me off, it&#39;s not true, not even nearly true.
    Why would that piss one off??&#33;&#33;

It would only piss me off if they would act on it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast