Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Someone Explain The Download

BANNED
    but what about this:

Both eDonkey2000 and Overnet use the same transfer protocol so files can be shared between them. The main difference between them is the way in which they publish and find files and sources for files.

eDonkey2000 publishes to servers that can be set up by anyone. Once the network reaches a certain size these servers become a bottle neck to the performance. Users can no longer search the entire network for things they are interested in. And the servers become more and more bogged down.

Overnet searches and publishes in a completely decentralized way. It works such that when you search you are searching all users of the network. Overnet can scale to millions of concurrent users with no loss of performance. It fixes the problems with the eDonkey2000 network. more info

The version of eDonkey2000 that we have available for download publishes to both donkey servers and to the Overnet network. It is meant to ease the transition from the older eDonkey2000 network to the newer and superior Overnet network. The Overnet client is simpler to use and just as effective as the eDonkey2000 client so we suggest you use it

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 07:21
    but what about this:

Both eDonkey2000 and Overnet use the same transfer protocol so files can be shared between them. The main difference between them is the way in which they publish and find files and sources for files.

eDonkey2000 publishes to servers that can be set up by anyone. Once the network reaches a certain size these servers become a bottle neck to the performance. Users can no longer search the entire network for things they are interested in. And the servers become more and more bogged down.

Overnet searches and publishes in a completely decentralized way. It works such that when you search you are searching all users of the network. Overnet can scale to millions of concurrent users with no loss of performance. It fixes the problems with the eDonkey2000 network. more info

The version of eDonkey2000 that we have available for download publishes to both donkey servers and to the Overnet network. It is meant to ease the transition from the older eDonkey2000 network to the newer and superior Overnet network. The Overnet client is simpler to use and just as effective as the eDonkey2000 client so we suggest you use it
    what about it?

sure the NETWORKS overnet and ed2k are different, but the clients are the same.

i DARE you to tell me ONE thing different between the clients

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    lol are you talking about the client themselves and not how they work?? because if not its in my post

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 07:32
    lol are you talking about the client themselves and not how they work?? because if not its in my post
    im talking about the clients AND how they operate
    theyre the same
    the overnet and ed2k protocols are different
    but both clients are the same, in as much as how they both connect to both networks with the exact same options.

so when someone sez they use ed2k and you say overnet is better. youre wrong

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 03:21
    first of all i'm not saying its the developers of edonkey and overnt that are saying it and suggesting it.

second when you get the developer to say he was wrong i will say i was wrong

now simpler to me means better, it means less hassle.

also edonkey is sever based

overnet is not server based

6. File Sharing   -   #16

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    BANNED
    ok boss if simpler is not easier for then

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    @MM,
    simpler does not mean better
    simpler is usually easier, but not if its to simple.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@23 February 2004 - 09:08
    @MM,
    simpler does not mean better
    simpler is usually easier, but not if its to simple.
    in this case the clients are almost the same and overnet is simpler to use thus for a better client for noobs or anyone.

again take it up with the builder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12