Thread: Counter Strike Steam Wtf Is Going On With The Keys

WTF, none of my keys work anymore.

I have heaps of backup keys that work but now they dont

Anyone else having this problem ??

2. Games   -   #2
    Im guessing you want to play online and for that you need a persoanised CD KEY. One that no-one else in the world has basicly because if more than 1 person has it when you try and play online it will detect that the key is already in use and cacel itself.

How did you get all of these keys?
    If its from a Key gen none of them will work online.

If Valve see 500 people trying to sign online with the the same cd key there gonna guess its pirated and block the Cd Key. This means that the key wont be able to play online no matter how many people have it. Maybe all of your keys got blocked.

I dont persoanlly play counter strike but they recently moved steam engine so maybe you need a new CD Key that gets sent to you if you purchased the game, or have you tried not using steam. Im not sure but i think you can still play counter strike with using the steam online play engine.

Hope that helps

Peerzyboy

3. Games   -   #3
    Are you talking about keys as in serial keys or as in keyboard keys??
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Games   -   #4
    actualy its first come owns the key with steam, once one person has reg the key with steam, no one else can use it without the same username and password, so i suggest you go buy a new copy of hl and reg it quick, hey hl is like $19 now, its not like its an expensive game to buy, just bite the bullet

5. Games   -   #5
    Double Agent
    this is where a key logger comes in useful.....

hehehehehe

6. Games   -   #6
    Nah man these are real keys.

Ones that me and my bro have traded other people for other keys. (like, i will trade you 3 cs keys for 3 "namethegame" keys but only after checking the keys)

They used to work online and now none work.

I wish they just made it that you dont need a key anymore since the game is free.

Sounds a bit stupid hey ?

They have CS WITH halflife for absolutely free, but then you need to buy the retail for a key.

They need to fix this.

Damn steam! stuffed it all up.

Might just buy an xbox and play cs online with that

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@22 February 2004 - 23:57
    Nah man these are real keys.

Ones that me and my bro have traded other people for other keys. (like, i will trade you 3 cs keys for 3 "namethegame" keys but only after checking the keys)

They used to work online and now none work.

I wish they just made it that you dont need a key anymore since the game is free.

Sounds a bit stupid hey ?

They have CS WITH halflife for absolutely free, but then you need to buy the retail for a key.

They need to fix this.

Damn steam! stuffed it all up.

Might just buy an xbox and play cs online with that
    yea man, i have heaps of keys also, and none of them worked, im guessing the people i traded with played the game at least once on steam, and now i cant use them.. same thing probably happened to you. but i do have my original one, but steam sucks anyways (IMO)so i just stick to 1.5