Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Tray Clock

Poster
    You need to install the extension first.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extens...statusbarclock

EDIT:-

A demonstrative picture ----->

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    that looks pretty cool.
    by the way, whats that black and white head in your taskbar?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by liquidacid@26 February 2004 - 18:36
    You need to install the extension first.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extens...statusbarclock

EDIT:-

A demonstrative picture ----->
    ok, i think we're making progress here.
    what i want is for that date and time to be on ONE LINE beside the icons. NOT TWO. NOT SOMETHING THAT OVERLAPS. there must be some way to tweak XP.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    h1
    But TClockEx does that.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    the TClockx, is not that good, i mean it displays exactly what you want it to display, but mine only show 50% of itself somtimes and the rest just disappears!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by quiksilver_aus@27 February 2004 - 08:57
    tclockex puts a background behind the tie and date, doesn't look pretty. i want something that is seemless with the windows xp shell. right now i'm using the silver theme which i dont want to change and has a slight gradient from one shade of gray to another.

any ideas on a kind of tweak to get the date "IN THE TRAY" without using a proggy to overlap the clock?
    Agreed. The forced colour background is the only gripe I've got with TClockEx.
    However, if you take a screenshot of the systray, then open that in a gfx app to find an average colour tone with a colour picker tool, you can match the clock bg fairly closely.
    Thats what I've done. It eases the ugly just enough for the clock not to be too offensive.

TClockEx, and the slightly less functional TClock are the only ways I've found to get the clock and calendar on the same line in the systray.

These two little apps seem to hint that there's some way to do it without the need for added software.... possibly an obscure registry setting or similar?

If anyone ever does manage to find a tweak or a clock/calendar app for XP that is 100% compatible with the shaded systray background, please let me know.
    TIA.

@ the mask
    Thats the first time I've ever heard of anyone having display issues with TClockEX.
    It's never gone wrong for me, and I've been using it since my Win98 days... which was 2 years ago now.
    See how you go with TClock instead...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12