Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Is Normal Download Speed With T1

Poster
    I have Comcast cable too, and they recently doubled upload bandwidth from 128kbps (16KB/sec) to 256kbps (32KB/sec).

Comcast's network to and from the cablemodems to their internet gateway has limited bandwidth, plus the internet gateway itself (a couple OC-3's for my area) has limited bandwidth.

Assymetric bandwidth makes sense because with almost everything other than running FTP and/or p2p file sharing needs LOTS more download bandwidth than upload bandwidth.

I'd like to temporarily trade download speed for upload speed at times though, even if it's at a 10:1 or even 100:1 ratio. 1.5mbps down could be reduced to ~400kbps down and 102kbps (or even 10kbps) up and I'd almost never miss the extra bandwidth while running Kazaa Lite++.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    my uncle got it he/me can get up to 1.5mbps

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    That's interesting. I didn't know they had increased UL. I misspoke earlier when I said Comcast didn't have UL caps early on. Actually, it was the Comcast part of @Home. Even then, some parts of @Home were capping when Comcast was not. We felt sorry for them, and then, Wham!, we were capped too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    mine is 57

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Well i have adelphia powerlink and i get 2700-3000k download and about 110-120 upload so what should my speeds be on kazaa. I think its fast but i wish the upload was better

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    I think the best place for speed test is definatley www.dslreports.com I have found them to be the most accurate. They also have many other tools their for your broadband needs.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    I have a T1 Connect capped @2.25mb/s, The fastest download i have seen on KaZaA so far was 350kb/s , i have downloaded a 2.25mb file off http in 1 sec.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Oh boy....am I jealous!!! I cannot afford to get a dsl or any form of cable connection at the moment, usual reasons...no rich daddy, single parent....low income....blah blah......I think I am lucky to get 7kbps!!!!
    Oh and by the way, I am also sharing over 2000 files....must have MUG tattooed on my forehead!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    That connection test (DSLReports) definitely shows that Comcast has upped the UL speed. Mine was 1314/247.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    I've found the most accurate speed test to be Bandwidthplace.com.

My connection didn't seem too wimpy until I'm hearing these "Oh yea, I've got this nice 5,625 Mbit connection, don't you? I can download a full 720 MB's in one second!" lol....I'm on 256 down / 128 up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast