Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Passion Of The Christ

Debaser
    Yeah I know how ya feel, reading about it isn't the same as seeing it I suppose.
    I just got to take a little preview of disc 2 and man...this has to be the most graphic movie ever made, I've never seen stuff like this in a film before, you wouldn't believe the violence.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    i will definately not be watching this...... organised religion is the worst & most dangerous thing on this planet (including george w bush) ,.... & people still seem to believe all the shit...... you'd think people would see abit further than just what theyve had forced on them since day 1. especially in this day & age when we KNOW we evolved from primates....... we have a pretty good idea how our world & galaxy was formed..... & we know the people who wrote everything to do with any one of these religions lived hundreds of years ago when people still thought the world was flat!!!!!

is it more likely these people were right or the scientists of today???

the human race has always wanted answers.... & history shows that we're willing to make them up if we dont know.

(not saying there wasnt a guy called jesus....... i just think theres a fair chance he was mad..... imagine someone coming up to you today telling you there the son of god... piss yaself laughing wouldn't you!&#33

by the way..... expect the flames so go ahead

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by winXPHE@28 February 2004 - 22:12
    im waitin for the dvd screener. pls post a sig if u find it. i cant watch it in theatres coz im in the middle east n they banned it coz this is a muslim country. they dont wanna start nething ere. i heard they dont show matrix revolutions in egypt coz it had stuff bout zion in it.
    neways ppl pls go n contribute to its success. watch in the theatres, mel shuld get this thing a success n more movies like this will be released.
    im not a regular churchgoer or nething but i got a mail which says a LOT bout this movie.
    pls contribute to its success
    that was actually reloaded. but they gave in eventually. thats really stupid tho. its a fucken movie. ppl have to learn the difference between fiction and reality.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Yeah im in germany and they wont show it here...its stupid. Well if anyone finds a link to download it from or a good version on kazaa lite because irc refuses to work on my computer i would be so thankful. Btw puk...im not religious, but i want to keep an open mind u know? I believe in evolution...but i also believe in a high power.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by puk)@1 March 2004 - 14:59
    i will definately not be watching this...... organised religion is the worst & most dangerous thing on this planet (including george w bush) ,.... & people still seem to believe all the shit...... you'd think people would see abit further than just what theyve had forced on them since day 1. especially in this day & age when we KNOW we evolved from primates....... we have a pretty good idea how our world & galaxy was formed..... & we know the people who wrote everything to do with any one of these religions lived hundreds of years ago when people still thought the world was flat!!!!!

is it more likely these people were right or the scientists of today???

the human race has always wanted answers.... & history shows that we're willing to make them up if we dont know.

(not saying there wasnt a guy called jesus....... i just think theres a fair chance he was mad..... imagine someone coming up to you today telling you there the son of god... piss yaself laughing wouldn't you!&#33

by the way..... expect the flames so go ahead
    I don't have any religious beliefs either but i'll still watch it for the historical value.

I think it's portrayal of the times is more accurate then past hollywood attempts, and so worth a look.

Modern science has superceded religious concepts of how we came to be. But i think for many people, especially in the less developed countries, religion still plays an important role.

There is a saying 'people who have nothing have god'. I wouldnt want to take that away from them.

But those of us who are more educated can make our judgements from all the facts available.
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    i cried alot

but i dont see why people said it was violent
    i would have to say it is low on the violance scale

there are a lot more violent movies that this one

im still all teary

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Won't be watching cos it ain't my type of film, do know that the last film by Mel Gibson was as far from the truth as you can get so why do peeps think this'll be any diferent?

Loved him in the Lethal Weapon series but had to laugh at his accent in Braveheart!!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Debaser
    I honestly can't think of a movie more violent than this one, yeah sure theres stuff like Braveheart where its just a slaughterfest, blood and guts everywhere, but I don't know, this one is just a different kind of violence i guess, to me anyway.

I just finished watching it, I liked that it wasn't as preachy as I thought it would be, yeah it kinda is, but its more of a historical telling I thought. shame its banned in so many places, it really is a good film whether your a believer or not.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Posted the hashes here https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=102767

Straight from Sharereactor...

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    this movie is shocking. i just saw 2 min of it, and i'm amazed. weird thing, is it supposed to be not english with english subs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast