Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite Is Dead Methinks

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The kids use Winmx a lot - it seems quite good. I got some Small Faces songs off there no problem also.

However, there still appears to be 3.5 million users online with Kazaa - they must be doing something. People still seem to upload my daughter's strange Japanese cartoons. There is some Gundamn Wing thing going up at the moment at 19.2kbs - which seems ok to me.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Unfortunately part of the problem is that Azzz has no patience...having uploaded to him on Soulseek and been bombarded with PM's to speed my downloads up. Your best bet is to set up a download and just walk away for a while, not stare at the screen willing the dload to go faster.

A watched kettle never boils.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I still use k-lite for quick fix songs (tunes that get stuck in my head) with no probs.

Edit: Just d/l Sheryl Crow: All I wanna Do and got through 2.42 minutes of the track and the fucka started screeching

4. Lounge   -   #24
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Withcheese@10 March 2004 - 00:03
    Your best bet is to set up a download and just walk away for a while, not stare at the screen willing the dload to go faster.

Wise words Mr Cheese

Its true Azzz, the more you watch the longer it will take

5. Lounge   -   #25
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I dont agree. I find when I look at it, it comes faster. Or it appears to.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    reTARPD
    Originally posted by danb+9 March 2004 - 23:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 9 March 2004 - 23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@10 March 2004 - 00:03
    Your best bet is to set up a download and just walk away for a while, not stare at the screen willing the dload to go faster.

Wise words Mr Cheese

Its true Azzz, the more you watch the longer it will take [/b][/quote]
    i use a twoway mirror on my screen. that way it doesnt know im watching so still goes at the same speed as if i werent watching

7. Lounge   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    That is very cunning reTARPD

Where did you learn these tricks?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Nearly every single student at my university still uses K-Lite (usually one of the older ones like 2.4.3 rather than 2.6). The few students who have their own laptops all go and sit in the computing sciences common-room, plug in their laptops to the university network and download stuff. I often see them doing it while I am in there having a snack or a meeting with the rest of my group-members.
    Sadly, the students never seem to share - I don&#39;t think the university allows people to share, but they don&#39;t seem to mind if they download in moderation. I live at home though, so I can share.
    Indeed, yesterday I noticed one of the teachers had the K-Lite icon on her laptop while she was preparing for her powerpoint presentation in the lecture hall. It&#39;s funny to imagine a lecturer doing it&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@10 March 2004 - 00:13
    It&#39;s funny to imagine a lecturer doing it&#33;
    One of my most favourite fantasys

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Withcheese@9 March 2004 - 22:03
    Unfortunately part of the problem is that Azzz has no patience...having uploaded to him on Soulseek and been bombarded with PM&#39;s to speed my downloads up. Your best bet is to set up a download and just walk away for a while, not stare at the screen willing the dload to go faster.

hehe

Guilty
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast