Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solo Guitar Is Dead

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Rock music used instruments dance music these days and started pretty much in the late 70s to 80s started with crap drum machine and manufactured sound

and maybe your thinking of teh early 50s rockabilly stuff like rock around the clock (Which means fuck around the clock)

led zepp black sabbath dance???? how about The Doors?????

well hmmm let me see

2. Music   -   #12
    guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it. i wanna hear 3 minutes of hooks, verse, chorus, verse, beginning, middle and end, not 2 minutes of actual melody serving as book-ends to 10 minutes of fret-tickling. >:|

if you wanna hear some really decent guitar playing, though, check out "The Ventures In Space." an album full of twangy, spooky-sounding instrumentals. The Ventures released tons of albums, but "In Space" is prolly their very best one. Keith Moon of The Who was quoted as saying it was one of his favorites, if that gives it any credibility.

3. Music   -   #13
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@12 March 2004 - 17:08
    guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it. i wanna hear 3 minutes of hooks, verse, chorus, verse, beginning, middle and end, not 2 minutes of actual melody serving as book-ends to 10 minutes of fret-tickling. >:|

if you wanna hear some really decent guitar playing, though, check out "The Ventures In Space." an album full of twangy, spooky-sounding instrumentals. The Ventures released tons of albums, but "In Space" is prolly their very best one. Keith Moon of The Who was quoted as saying it was one of his favorites, if that gives it any credibility.

I;m niot just talkign abotu solo guitar in general im talkign abtu the sound of guitars

yes by your comments id say you hate dream theater

I mean tool excelent excellent guitar sound and hardly have any solos if they do its 2 note solos

I just can't listen to a mass of noise with so much sounding treble like someone is just struming anything and you can't even hear the dirty changes

Like teh days of Alice In chains STP Soundgarden Silverchair it was great

and Keith Moon btw was teh guy who invented Power cords

4. Music   -   #14
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 March 2004 - 23:08
    guitar virtuosos have done more to hurt rock n roll than to help it.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

5. Music   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@12 March 2004 - 02:03
    Rock music used instruments dance music these days and started pretty much in the late 70s to 80s started with crap drum machine and manufactured sound

and maybe your thinking of teh early 50s rockabilly stuff like rock around the clock (Which means fuck around the clock)
    Yes I knew rocking was a metaphor for having sex.

But to me the whole sound of 50's rock sound like dancing music. While I am not saying that is a bad thing but the whole sound of 50s rock I heard just has that dancing sound to it.

Well yeah dance music was specifcally for dancing but you can dance to most types of music as long as it has a catchy beat.

And guitar virtuosos are just a bunch of egomanical jackoffs who all make crappy music. Those 3 chord riffs from punk are alot more intresting then Yngwie Malmsteens masturbation rock.
    While yeah they are highly influencial guitar players and gave much to the guitar world, the actual music they made usually sucked.

6. Music   -   #16
    Originally posted by Adster@11 March 2004 - 23:16
    and Keith Moon  btw was teh guy who invented Power cords
    actually Keith Moon was a drummer, and i believe the honor of "inventor of the power chord" goes to Link Wray. Pete Townsend (The Who's guitarist) did do a lot to popularize power chords, tho. but i digress.

7. Music   -   #17
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+12 March 2004 - 17:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 12 March 2004 - 17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@11 March 2004 - 23:16
    and Keith Moon btw was teh guy who invented Power cords
    actually Keith Moon was a drummer, and i believe the honor of "inventor of the power chord" goes to Link Wray. Pete Townsend (The Who&#39;s guitarist) did do a lot to popularize power chords, tho. but i digress. [/b][/quote]
    my bad your right got them mixed up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12