Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peerguardian Unofficial Blocklist Update 1.3

wrong board my bad, modify won't let you delete...while I'm here anyone wanna tell me how to do the motion profile pics? I have not tried the download from this post

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I got error could not create 2 ,3 and 4

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Look in the forums for Update 1.3.1...updated version of this update

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    did you include .dat format for sygate firewal, like Zerodata's website offers?

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    Sweet! thanks.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Who cares. Your all wasting your time. It's a poisson rouge.

What makes you think that people gathering intelligence would use known ips.

That's the last thing they would do. They would create completely false identities.

Look to those amongst you if you want to find the spies. What's the point of locking the door and barring the windows when the enemy is within.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    cool bane thx

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    What is Peerguardian exactly? That link to the faq didn't work.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Who cares. Your all wasting your time. It's a poisson rouge.

What makes you think that people gathering intelligence would use known ips.

That's the last thing they would do. They would create completely false identities.

Look to those amongst you if you want to find the spies. What's the point of locking the door and barring the windows when the enemy is within.
    I agree with you, though we have to take steps to ensure our safety. Yes, by blocking ips wouldn't stop them or anybody from doing something to your computer. Although not having "anything" isn't smart either, we have to make it difficult for them, as much as they trying to make things difficult on us. It's like having a firewall. why do you have it? do you even have it? why should you have it?

Nothing is safe when it's truly gone "online", though if we make it hard and difficult for our enemies to get to us, we ensure that small hope.

this has nothing to do with your post:

To the creator of the update- I thought you said you will include the update in .dat format for sygate firewalls, so it be easy to import the setthings into our firewalls; like zerodata's website does aswell?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    This is mostly to help against the annoyances.

NOT EVERYTHING PEERGUARDIAN BLOCKS is net cops!

Some of the things blocked are cracker-run automatic scanning servers, known infected server farms, and spammers.

And lastly, there are net cop companies dedicated to monitoring p2p networks and they DO have dedicated ip space and fast connections. Sure, they may ALSO be using 'throwaway' cheaper "random" ips via a couple ISPs -- but the majority of what we're dealing with is automated search programs that run on small server farms based on fixed ip ranges.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast