Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throwing The Pieces Of A Car Off A Cliff

Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@24 March 2004 - 15:12
    BTW-I'm trying to DL something that may interest you; I will keep you informed.
    I'm intrigued
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    If you drop two matchsticks onto the floor, occasionally the second will fall on top of the other.

If you drop four matchsticks onto the floor, very occasionally they will land in a perfect square.

If you drop six, then once in a blue moon they will land as a square with a cross on top.

The car logic is only an extension of this logic.

However as Liam points out, this logic must avoid all of the real world influences. Ignoring the natural erosion of the locale and the corrosion of the parts. How does the welding, stretching of fan belt, tightening of screws etc take place, it doesn't.

The infinite scenario only makes any difference when the events are highly improbable, hence the monkeys typing Hamlet.

In short it works for the practically impossible, but not the impossible

QED, now get on with your work, feckin' Tax Dodgers.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    This is how university students in Scotland spend the early hours of the morning?

I'm definitely having Abertay as my first choice now!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Lick My Lovepump
    You stupid Scots, pubs open all night long over there and you spend the whole night discussing crap like that with 2 people that actually live very close to you over the intertet!?

I'm ashamed!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    TRshady
    This has made no sense to me .. but understand what J'Pol said
    (got the first times ... pat on the back is deserved)

Though if a bolt fell into place ... and the world turned and it does for a few days ... theres a possibility it would work. No thats stupid as the screw wouldn't turn .. well it would but so would everything else in the world with it ... im tired, leave me be

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    The car isn't made of metal and screws and such, it's made of wood
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen@24 March 2004 - 23:03
    The car isn't made of metal and screws and such, it's made of wood
    Then it's not a car, unless you have designed a practical, wooden, internal combustion engine, running gear etc.

The material is irrelevant, it is whether things are impossible or improbable which makes the difference.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    *Grunt*
    He's me thinking sitting at home watching the TV is boring

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+24 March 2004 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 24 March 2004 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@24 March 2004 - 23:03
    The car isn&#39;t made of metal and screws and such, it&#39;s made of wood&nbsp;
    Then it&#39;s not a car, unless you have designed a practical, wooden, internal combustion engine, running gear etc.

The material is irrelevant, it is whether things are impossible or improbable which makes the difference. [/b][/quote]
    Did you read the entire convo J&#39;Pol?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4th gen+24 March 2004 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 24 March 2004 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@24 March 2004 - 21:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen
    @24 March 2004 - 23:03
    The car isn&#39;t made of metal and screws and such, it&#39;s made of wood

Then it&#39;s not a car, unless you have designed a practical, wooden, internal combustion engine, running gear etc.

The material is irrelevant, it is whether things are impossible or improbable which makes the difference.
    Did you read the entire convo J&#39;Pol? [/b][/quote]
    I read the first half, after the Doctor revived me I was advised that to continue would be dangerous to my health, both physical and mental.

Have I missed an important piece of data which I did not factor into my post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast