Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do Softwares Track How Long We Have Used Them

Poster
    -Some programs use the registery key, which is easy to delete and install them after it. I tried it with JV16 tools and it worked , note that you have to find every single key and delete it.
    -Some programs MIGHT use windows app log(in windows folder), which stores the information about every and eac# program you have used on the computer, with the path and name. Note: it is your own bl00dy fault that you mess with it. I do not know what happens when you delete it and if the programs really use it.
    -Some programs have bult-in timers that will stop working after a certain amount of time after installation.
    -Some programs use your sytem timer to tell how long you have been using the prgram, even after you uninstall/reinstall the application. That eplains why sometimes it tells you that you have been using it for 5 days and it's really 3 days (system time is not as accurate u know).
    -You can use a program called winable to RENABLE some disabled, or greyed out buttons.
    -beaware! that some of the cracks you download actually install trojans and viruses in your system. There is a price (catch I call them) for these free cracks and wares, so be carefull.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@24 March 2004 - 16:03
    (system time is not as accurate u know).
    Not if you have a Atomic Time Synchronization Application.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Totally true, but most ppl don&#39;t use it and they do not syncronize from time.nist.gov. The built in system timer is off by 2 sec every reboot.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    you can&#39;t just tell jv to clean the reg and think its ok
    it is best to do a reg comparison, or try a search through the reg finder
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    try cleaning the registry with a registry cleaning prog

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    um no just cleaning the reg will not do it , or the whole idea of time trials would be useless

i know there are instalation utilities out there that you install the software with , and track where every part of the program goes and then allows you to remove the lot

just cant think of the names just now but i know they are out there

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Double Agent
    or if you wanna be a lil bit more extreme use norton ghost to make an image of ur system before you install a program.

then if you want to "uninstall" just restore the original hdd image....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Instead, just make a backup of your HD and then reformat your HD (JK)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    h1
    Lock your computer in a box and ship it to Santa.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    System mechanic has Safe installer to track changes when you install new programs. But I use a regcleaner but have found it doesn&#39;t work for all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12