Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ed2k D/l Info.

BANNED
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 12:14
    same here..ive tried to convert to bittorrent shareaza and overnet and emule but it has not been very productive as iv wasted more times asking ppl questions then actually downloading stuff which defeats the purpose really. k-lite still rules somewhat. only wish it does not go down the same path as napster and scour and others that were big in there time. k-lite rock on
    you guys can continue your bittorren and klite downloads i overnet.

also overnet does take ed2k links

@KLResurrectionUser i have walk thru with visuals on my forum

here at kltforums and it would make our lives alot easier, but if you don't want to take a minute to go there then i guess we can do it here

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    that link is definitly in my favorites for now..but with frank honesty im so tired of reading help files all the time. i just want to start using the dam thing without having to read a novel about it. im sure a lot of ppl who are in my predicament will agree.

if u got any tips on speeding up my overnet d/l then i'd be very grateful indeed.
    its d/loaded 2mb out of 700mb in 20 mins at speeds of 1kbps with overnet where as with kazaa i was getting speed of 14kbps on average. What can i do to speed up my d/l here?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 15:35
    that link is definitly in my favorites for now..but with frank honesty im so tired of reading help files all the time. i just want to start using the dam thing without having to read a novel about it. im sure a lot of ppl who are in my predicament will agree.

if u got any tips on speeding up my overnet d/l then i'd be very grateful indeed.
    its d/loaded 2mb out of 700mb in 20 mins at speeds of 1kbps with overnet where as with kazaa i was getting speed of 14kbps on average. What can i do to speed up my d/l here?
    well it hardly sounds like your enjoying using klite either im surprised your finding sources at all. Anyway im happy with emule (1TB of data and going downloaded and about 400GB uploaded). Glad i used emule as early as I did.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 17:35

In order to get fast(er) speeds with overnet,edonkey,emule you should give it some time.The best is to leave it running overnight.It also depends on how much you're sharing(so i've heard) Anyway,the longer you're connected the better the speeds will get,suposedly .But never expect to get speeds on them as you would get on k-lite(Well,I never had anyway.)
    A small file that would take me 10minutes to dl on k-lite will tkae me some hours,if not longer,on overnet,emule,edonkey.
    To keep things short...not much you can do about speeding up your dl's on them.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i definitly prefer klite..even though i still complain about it has not given me as much hassle as all the other clients out there. Shareaza wasnt too bad either except that it took up too much cpu usage and rendered my computer useless if i want to do several things as much.
    so in that light i cant complain about kazaa.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    to use ed2k links you need to go to option>general>here you see a tab that says take ed2k links, hit that tab.

then copy the whole ed2k link above and go to transfer window, inside transfer window right click and choose and click on "copy ed2k link from the clip board", now the download should appear on your transfer window.

good luck.

by the way on my forum its not help files and etc, its walk thru with visiauls, trust me its worth the minute

let me know if you have a problem with that ed2k link

7. File Sharing   -   #17

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    BANNED
    np boss

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    so im d/loading from overnet now and it done about 10mb in the last hour (longest hour of my life that was too. seemed like it anyway).
    does it have a previewing option like other p2p's or it that just a figment of my imagination.

the files are in folder called:
    Ghost_in_the_Shell_-_1_-_CD_1_-_[zx](986a8d0f)(dub.sub_jap.eng.eng)[AniDB].ogm

and within this folder there are many files of a TYPE called PART which i never heard of before.
    for example: 1.3.part, 1.16.part, 1.19.part, 1.27.part, 1.37.part and so on.

How can i view these files while they are still downloading?
    Is that even possible?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BANNED
    drag and drop the whole folder in to videolan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast