Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Spam- Is It Doing Any Good For The Forum?

Poster
    Originally posted by danb@27 March 2004 - 18:11
    Cooking spam?
    This fantastic fritter recipe is a lighter alternative to traditional fritters.
    Preparation time: 5 mins
    Cooking time: 5 –10 mins
    Serves 4

FRITTERS
    oil for deep frying
    100g/4 oz self raising flour
    pinch of salt
    15ml/1 tbsp vegetable oil
    30ml/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
    200ml/7 floz sparkling mineral water
    2 (200g) cans SPAM Lite
    60ml/4 tbsp plain flour

SALSA
    3 tomatoes, chopped
    1 red onion, chopped
    1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
    30ml/2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
    45ml/3 tbsp tomato ketchup

1. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180C/350F. Sift the flour and salt together in a bowl, make a well in the middle. Add the oil, mustard and gradually stir in the mineral water. Lightly mix until smooth and lump free. Slice each can of SPAM Lite into four. Sprinkle the plain flour onto a plate and season with black pepper.

2. To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Chill until required.

3. When the oil is hot, coat two of the SPAM slices in flour, then dip in the batter before dropping into the hot fat. Fry for 2-3 mins, turning until the fritters are golden and crisp.

Use a slotted spoon to lift from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining SPAM and batter to make 8 fritters. Serve immediately with potato wedges and the salsa.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by danb@27 March 2004 - 18:11
    Cooking spam?
    or

This modern recipe gives a classic fritter recipe a cosmopolitan flavour.
    Preparation time: 5 mins
    Cooking time: 5 –10 mins
    Serves 4

oil for deep frying
    1 (340g) can SPAM
    60ml/4 tbsp cornflour
    pinch of salt
    2 medium egg whites
    chilli dipping sauce to serve

1. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 180C/350F. Use a knife to slice SPAM into about 18 thin strips. Place half the cornflour on a plate. Place the remaining cornflour in a small bowl with the egg whites and 60ml/4 tbsp cold water. Lightly whisk until just frothy.

2. When the oil is hot, dip the strips of SPAM a few at a time first in the cornflour, then in the frothy egg mix. Drop into the hot oil and fry for 2 mins or until pale golden. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.

3. Repeat with the remaining SPAM and batter. Serve immediately with chilli dipping sauce.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+27 March 2004 - 18:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 27 March 2004 - 18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@27 March 2004 - 17:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @27 March 2004 - 04:30
    Am I missing the upside to this marvelous addition?

All I know is that out-of-the-blue it shows up to irritate me.

I want it dead on a spear, I want it fileted and grilled in butter, I want it as a side with green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

I would eat it in the rain,
    I would eat it on a train,
    I would eat it in a box,
    I would eat it with a fox.

I want to comsume and destroy anti-spam,
    sam I am.

I agree it is a pain, it happens every time I preview a post, which I used to always do.

Can you grill something "in butter" btw. Wouldn&#39;t that be sauté, surely when you grill something it is a dry process other than the foods own moisture.
    I would, however; be in favor of a program the was "anti-nitpicking". Oh, and don&#39;t called me "shirley".
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.photo.net/philg/digiphoto....half.jpg&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://www.photo.net/philg/digiphotos/200103-d1-agra/apes-grooming-at-akbars-tomb.half.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a> [/b][/quote]
    One rabbit&#39;s nit-picking is another man&#39;s search for accuracy in a world gone lax.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This morning, for the first time, I saw the Anti-Spam program working equally well for all members of the Forum. It worked for about eight hours.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    What is the anti-spam program?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    jetje's Avatar former star
    simply called moderation for you...&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I&#39;m serious. What is it?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    jetje's Avatar former star
    FunkyDawg76 read your pm... you are set under moderation, i would slow down if i were you....

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@27 March 2004 - 18:40
    One rabbit&#39;s nit-picking is another man&#39;s (typo?) search for accuracy in a world gone lax.

Looks like you&#39;re on the right track.

You go girl&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by bigboab@27 March 2004 - 18:45
    This morning, for the first time, I saw the Anti-Spam program working equally well for all members of the Forum. It worked for about eight hours.

So true BB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast