Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Internet Provider Says Stop Uploading!

Originally posted by Genius@16 March 2003 - 10:36
    Strange I got BT broadband at Xmas and have been downloading ever since and haven't heard a thing
    Maybe they've stop giving a damn
    I got my BT BB, 2 months before Xmas, and I aint heard a thing either. Maybe cos I'm the only one on an innercity street with adsl!that they're just glad for the custom! Like others have stated, you pay through the nose for the service, and with the UK lagging far behind the US in take-up of broadband, I can't really see BT getting heavy with the meagre, existing customer base.

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    Poster
    The PRIVACY PATCH for Kazaa Lite++ v2.1 which makes it so people can't get a list of all the files you're sharing WON'T HELP if they're running blanket searches for files.

You NEED to get Peer Guardian or a good software firewall and BLOCK the internet cops' connections.

There's many lists out for what ips the internet cops are on -- these guys are the WORST kind of leeches... they also inject fake/corrupted files into fasttrack and other file sharing networks.

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    i got a phone call from shaw cable here in canada too. they were "concerned" about the excessive band use as well - wanting to know if i was aware of the increase and told me to limit my uploads to 1 and limit bandwidth to the lowest setting. also wanted me to limit my downloads. i agreed to their requests and they said then they considered the subject satisfactorily concluded. lol when i was just downloading a ton of songs i never heard a word from them - just since i started downloading movies and tv episodes.

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    Poster
    i find myself more and more tempted to tap into my isp's cable(s) and set up little servers all over my city...
    surely they are not sniffing every packet that comes off my network traffic, they must be monitoring one port only, and or searching for key words.
    wouldnt it take too much effort and money to watch all the traffic coming off of users? and or limited to users who upload alot...
    i say, change your ports off of 1214, preferably to a higher number.
    and use peer guardian, and a firewall.
    not to mention, the anti shared folder list.
    if everyone was doing this, i think we could give them a run for thier money.
    an isp monitroing the traffic of multiple ports on many computers, looking for erin brokovitch, avi's, divx, so forth is a heavy job...right?
    if all else, what about encryption.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmm..wonder how they got that copy?

First off, when u searched for that movie.. did u see alot of users with it?

If so, then they ALSO downloaded it ILLEGALLY, because someone else ripped it more than likely.

They commited an illegal act first of.

Also, there is a law bill clinton signed called the Internet Privacy Act. They are invadeing your privacy, because they had to find out you had the file...your name...your ip...everything. Illegal on they're side.

hmm, they also only made it LEGAL for the recording industry to hack your comp i think.. they're the isp... heh bullshit they did'nt get the recording industry to get the info cause then they shouldda sent u the email... big mistake on they're side if they did.

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    btw bill gates has probably been nervous and hell ever since piracy started.. he must have a lawyer boot camp

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    lol this post is still going. Someone tell him to change isp.

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    HimuraKenshin
    I have Karoo one, of the only ISPs in the UK who offer ADSL, I doubt they really care about what I download........ They dont have many members as they only supply to 1 city. Plus if they sent me emails i wouldnt notice cause i aint set up my pop3 account with them yet and am still using my hotmail

9. File Sharing   -   #59
    ive always had a firewall.

ive used kazaa lite for a long time.

recently upgraded to k++.

have the privacy patch on.

@people who posted here about blocking IPs and firewalls and using other tools... it was all a little vague (some specifics please)

Can you post some details or a URL. (Im new to the forum and have searched through it for all threads having ANY post with the keyword:firewall)
    A place that defines all this clearly ?

- What kind of traffic should I be blocking ?
    - What IPs should I be blocking?
    - What other apps should/can I use ?

Note:
    I have downloaded but not yet installed or used the following:
    1. Peer Buddy (dont remember is this the right name?)
    2. the 2 IP lists by whatshisname (dont remember)

Anything else ? also.. can we not create a PROPER guide or How-To for this ?
    Ive done that on several tech forums form (tech, nt, *nx, cellphones etc.)

PS: I havent really been bothered about p2p cops till now. So just want to play it safe... the RIGHT WAY!.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456