Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Footy-talk

Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+13 March 2003 - 15:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 13 March 2003 - 15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -mrcall1969@13 March 2003 - 09:57
    Originally posted by -FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 March 2003 - 15:54
    <!--QuoteBegin--Bender
    @12 March 2003 - 09:38
    I was kind of hoping it was a site about foot-fetishism, I&#39;m always curious what kind of people get a kick out of that.

But no, it had to be that boring football again. >_<

Soccer.....not Football.

No It was Football before "American" football was ever even thought about.
    Not no more. [/b][/quote]
    maybe on your side of the pond, but football is still football here

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@13 March 2003 - 15:00
    Why is American Football called football? Don&#39;t they throw/carry the ball, ie. no feet involved?

Shouldn&#39;t it be American Handball?
    True lol, not sure but I think American Football is equivalant to out rugby. Thanks yanks for you

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    American Football is like Frankenstein&#33;
    They took the hands out of rugby, and the feet out of football.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Forum Star
    How about Australian Football?

Compared to that American Footbal- and rugby players are just girls.

(Sorry Curley )

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@13 March 2003 - 15:33

(Sorry Curley )
    LMAO&#33; Don&#39;t be sorry, I have to agree with you there. Besides, footy players are more sexy

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by Bender@13 March 2003 - 16:33

(Sorry Curley )
    Irish hurling & football sorts the men from the boys &#33;&#33;
    Australian rules is full of loons with long girlie hair &#33;&#33;
    As for American football....why wear a sack of pampers all over you ?
    You scared you may get a little bruise or a scratch ?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ex-member
    As for American football....why wear a sack of pampers all over you ?
    You scared you may get a little bruise or a scratch ?
    It&#39;s not Pampers they wear, it&#39;s a suit of body armour&#33;

Wusses.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I have to side with FC on this one. (Did I just say that?) I loooove American football no matter how much you Euros (SJ&#39;s word) try to put it down. The padding is there for a reason - I used to coach the sport and I&#39;ve seen more broken bones than I can count. It&#39;s not there to keep them from getting hurt, it&#39;s there to keep them from getting killed. Period.

FC and I were raised in countries where soccer is almost a recreation rather than a sport, and where bang up sports like football and hockey dominate. To us, soccer is a sport that kids play in the summer, not an institution like it is to you. How many of you have watched an American Football game? Obviously not many if you think they&#39;re afraid to get hurt. Couldn&#39;t be farther from the truth. Try understanding the game before you slam it. I have a decent respect for soccer, it takes a lot of conditioning and stamina to play the game, and those guys are pure athletes. But you can&#39;t compare one to the other, they are totally different sports.

North Americans unite&#33;&#33;&#33; I think we&#39;re outnumbered here...

9. Lounge   -   #29
    I understand it &#33;&#33; I have been to a game before as well.
    I like a bit of action,not stop start (adverts) overpaid loonatics
    who have a load of women in ra-ra skirts singing to them.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I must admit, i agree with everyone who has posted inthis thread, if thats at all possible, but everyone has made a decent argument.

The americans are realy big on statistics, thats why they love american football and baseball, if you read an american paper then 1 games stats takes up 2 pages, whereas football one has the score and a write up about the game.

Im in the uk, and i love Football, American football, Baseball, International Rugby union and Cricket.

There are only 2 things that get to me about the american sports, and thats they call football soccer, but thats already been covered, the other is they have world championsips for there sports.

In football (soccer ) the world cup is England, Brazil, USA, Russia, Japan etc etc etc, now that is a world championship, but in Amercan sports it consists of New York, SF, Philidelphia, Etc Etc. Now to me this does not incorperate the world, what would ppl say if we had made the English Prem League the World league and the top team won the World cup, there would have been hell on.

Ok im not getting at anyone either in Europe or the USA, but surley putting american sports into the world categorie when noone else is allowed into the league,(from other countries), is just wrong.

Ive never understood why football has never took off in north america, even with the world cup taking place there it didnt realy ignite the interests of the fans after it had finished, it might be something to do with the USA mens team just isnt any good at it, But the womens team is great so they get all the support.

And thats why europeans dont realy understand american sports because we are hopeless at those too, so i guess it can work both ways.

stoi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast