Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Bikers In Here?

Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by solidsnake@12 March 2003 - 21:01
    and u say your a family man
    lol, I am but I'm still allowed to look, well while the wife's not about anyway.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    This is what im getting at the end of the year fingers crossed B)

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Leech:

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Leech:
    As I'm new to this and haven't studied up enough on how to do many things I can't suppley a picture at the moment but I ride a '94 Yamaha V-Max and my lady has an '88 Sportster.

Having trouble with my computer and can't shake the problem. After installing a USR v.92 modem have been having nothing but problems with the mouse arrow and hour glass flashing continously and have to wait for the words to catch up to see what has been writen. Right in the middle of sending the first letter, it went blank and so restarted another and sent.

Some days can go for hours without a problem, and others it starts right from the beginning so I never know just what is going to happen when I try to send something. Sorry.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by neofite@14 March 2003 - 01:55
    Leech:
    As I'm new to this and haven't studied up enough on how to do many things I can't suppley a picture at the moment but I ride a '94 Yamaha V-Max and my lady has an '88 Sportster.

Having trouble with my computer and can't shake the problem.  After installing a USR v.92 modem have been having nothing but problems with the mouse arrow and hour glass flashing continously and have to  wait for the words to catch up to see what has been writen.  Right in the middle of sending the first letter, it went blank and so restarted another and sent.

Some days  can go for hours without a problem, and others it starts right from the beginning so I never know just what is going to happen when I try to send something.  Sorry.
    You mean one of theses

And possibly one of these

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@12 March 2003 - 20:33
    Friend of mine's got one of these

XL1200C Sportster

Sportster, they ought to be sued for false advertising. Every time I go round to see him he's in the garge cleaning the chrome, he won't take it out in the rain because he's got to clean it when he gets back. Before I got married and had to sell my bikes a group of us would go for a ride every sunday morning. Half a dozen of us, we'd head from Birmingham (UK) over to Wales for the day. Before we set off we'd have to tell him where we were going and how to get there. While we were on the motorway there wasn't a problem, nice straight road we were all together but as soon as we got to the welsh country lanes we'd completely loss him. We'd all be hanging off the sides of our plastic bullets, getting our knees down and he'd be 5 miles behind us. Still it did mean he never had to buy the first round.

This is what I'm saving up for the Triumph Sprint ST, British built tourer

And if she comes with it even better.
    vrod is harleys answer to ricerockets try to stay up with one of them.
    as for mine i have 2003 100th anv dynawideglide been customizing it all winter waiting for the snow to go away,its snowing now
    p.s. where i from it dont matter how fast it is if it aint a harley it stays in the back of the group

7. Lounge   -   #17
    The top one is the one I have, even to the color.

Just received some AutoGLYM for both bikes, sorely in need of something after being covered for the winter and the snow.

Leech Killer.....part of E-Branch?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    @ Sequish

The Vrod's certainly a nice looking bike.........for Harley.

But it's not really a contender against superbikes, for one thing it's a cruiser so it's in a different category. If you compair the Vrod against say a Honda CBR600F Super I can't see how it can possibly keep up. The Vrod has a 1130cc engine the CBR has 599cc engine almost half. The Vrod's top speed is 140mph where as the CBR has a top speed of 165mph.

The only thing that has surprised me is that the Vrod is supposed to be a cruiser but it'll only do 120miles on a tank of fuel, I would've expected it to do more than that. It's also a bit expensive at £13,995 where as I can pick a CBR up for about £6300.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by neofite@14 March 2003 - 14:44
    The top one is the one I have, even to the color.

Just received some AutoGLYM for both bikes, sorely in need of something after being covered for the winter and the snow.

Leech Killer.....part of E-Branch?
    your photos haven't come out.

And whats E-Branch?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@14 March 2003 - 16:04
    @ Sequish

The Vrod's certainly a nice looking bike.........for Harley.

But it's not really a contender against superbikes, for one thing it's a cruiser so it's in a different category. If you compair the Vrod against say a Honda CBR600F Super I can't see how it can possibly keep up. The Vrod has a 1130cc engine the CBR has 599cc engine almost half. The Vrod's top speed is 140mph where as the CBR has a top speed of 165mph.

The only thing that has surprised me is that the Vrod is supposed to be a cruiser but it'll only do 120miles on a tank of fuel, I would've expected it to do more than that. It's also a bit expensive at £13,995 where as I can pick a CBR up for about £6300.
    the only reason its called a cruiser is so harley people would give it a chance.
    as for compairing a vrod against a honda cbr6oof,a vrod is a 5 spead 115hp 9000 rpm red line backroad rocket and 140mpg is fast enough for back roads(its hard to hang on in that upright position any ways )
    check out this clip,cant wait till spring
    Harley_V-Rod.avi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast