Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oc Temps

Poster
    Ouch! that is really hot did you build the pc yourself?
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Thx Rossco, I've never taken my heatsink off (bought it as a motherboard bundle from Novatech.co.uk)

That instruction guide looked a little advanced for me (I am a hardware spaz ) Would it be easier for me to add a better cpu fan?

And should my case fans blow in or out? Or should I have one set up as an exhaust?
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Barton Athlon XP2500, 512Mb DDR RAM, Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, Win XP</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cenobite@17 April 2004 - 16:34
    Thx Rossco, I&#39;ve never taken my heatsink off (bought it as a motherboard bundle from Novatech.co.uk)

That instruction guide looked a little advanced for me (I am a hardware spaz&nbsp; ) Would it be easier for me to add a better cpu fan?

And should my case fans blow in or out? Or should I have one set up as an exhaust?
    a new cpu fan wont help much, a new heatsync on the other hand would probably help temps a little, but if ur gonna try that then u might as well do teh arctic silver 5...its not hard, u just take teh old stuff off, then apply a bit of the new stuff and put teh heatsync on...

where are all ur case fans setup in ur pc? the back one and top ones should be set as exhaust, and front&#092;bottom ones should be set as intake. and you could try the side panel one, if u have one, both ways to see what gives better temps...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I have the back and the top as exhaust (also the side panel is exhaust), I&#39;ve just nicked another case fan of me mate and I&#39;m going to set that up as intake at the front. He seems to think that the CPU fan and heatsink are either the wrong type or were badly installed or that the temp sensor is faulty. Either way I&#39;m going to get a new heatsink and fan and try that Silver 5. Will keep you informed, Thanks
    <span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Barton Athlon XP2500, 512Mb DDR RAM, Creative Blaster 5 fx5950 Ultra, Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, Win XP</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cenobite@17 April 2004 - 17:29
    I have the back and the top as exhaust (also the side panel is exhaust), I&#39;ve just nicked another case fan of me mate and I&#39;m going to set that up as intake at the front. He seems to think that the CPU fan and heatsink are either the wrong type or were badly installed or that the temp sensor is faulty. Either way I&#39;m going to get a new heatsink and fan and try that Silver 5. Will keep you informed, Thanks
    alright that all sounds good. try the side panel one both ways, most people have gotten better temps with it as an intake becuase usually its lined up perfectly so the air from teh fan goes right ontop the heatsync...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Here is a tip a lot of ppl forget

over time all that cool air thats blowing on you cpu heatsink also builds up a lot of dust and crap in the fins of the heatsink

i have see heatsinks where the fins where blocked by crap , this was on a comp that was not even a year old

ocasionaly remove the fan unit from the heatsink and clean out the fins, you would be suprised how that will drop your temps down

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Okay, Just moved my case fans around a bit (2 exhausts at the back, 1 intake at the side - cant get a fan in the front because of the case lights&#33 And there dosen&#39;t seem to be much change in temperature:

I think Delphin is right because it was pretty filthy in there (haven&#39;t got time to strip it and clean it until tomorrow tho&#33

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Cenobite@18 April 2004 - 01:12
    Okay, Just moved my case fans around a bit (2 exhausts at the back, 1 intake at the side - cant get a fan in the front because of the case lights&#33 And there dosen&#39;t seem to be much change in temperature:

I think Delphin is right because it was pretty filthy in there (haven&#39;t got time to strip it and clean it until tomorrow tho&#33

urs is hotter than mine.
    i get 50-55.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    The mobo is about 10*c hotter than it should be too.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Woohooo&#33; Stripped everything down and cleaned it out, moved a few things round to get a better airflow and... Mobo 27°C, CPU 52°C - I still think that is too warm compared to some of your temps but it&#39;s a start

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast