Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Security And Ip Address Software

Yer tried cthat no trojan or virus/worm. I downloaded a free firewall and it stopped the hackers. I heard that some of these downloads from Kazaa etc are set so they let hackers in, is this true?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    blank BT Rep: +1
    i aint feeling too friendly towards u hackers right now. I just had to re install windows after a format, lost all my work, over 10gb of stuff and more, all cos some jerk (and hes a member on this board) infected my computer with a virus which basically trashed it.
    I know exactly what happened and how and I am going to get my revenge...

ps. 5 hours of watching fucking windows update everything from the last 2 years is no joke!
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Liam100@22 April 2004 - 19:24
    Yer tried cthat no trojan or virus/worm. I downloaded a free firewall and it stopped the hackers. I heard that some of these downloads from Kazaa etc are set so they let hackers in, is this true?
    Half of the FastTrack network has malicious files in place.

These files range from spamming your contacts with viruses/worms or turning your PC into a virtual "zombie".

I would suggest you download Sygate Personal Firewall, disallow unknown programs that try to access the internet.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@22 April 2004 - 19:28
    i aint feeling too friendly towards u hackers right now. I just had to re install windows after a format, lost all my work, over 10gb of stuff and more, all cos some jerk (and hes a member on this board) infected my computer with a virus which basically trashed it.
    I know exactly what happened and how and I am going to get my revenge...

ps. 5 hours of watching fucking windows update everything from the last 2 years is no joke!
    Hopefully it taught you a lesson.

Protect your computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Yer 4play did update my patches and everything i thought was secure but i was so wrong, watching the attacks on the free firewall was like a war was taking place or rather a massacre. The only place I've been is on Kazaa, and I aint had the comp that long so I just thought that by stopping people see my address they couldn't attack me. How do they do it without an address?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by NightStalker+23 April 2004 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 23 April 2004 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Liam100@22 April 2004 - 19:24
    Half of the FastTrack network has malicious files in place.

These files range from spamming your contacts with viruses/worms or turning your PC into a virtual "zombie".

I would suggest you download Sygate Personal Firewall, disallow unknown programs that try to access the internet. [/b][/quote]
    Is that freeware ie sygate?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i was reading somewhere your average un-firewalled new install of windows xp will get infected with a worm before you have a chance to update it.

me loves linux B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Liam100@23 April 2004 - 00:32
    How do they do it without an address?
    Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum.

try to just keep to the &#39;security&#39; side of things please folks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by pol+23 April 2004 - 00:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 23 April 2004 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Liam100@23 April 2004 - 00:32
    How do they do it without an address?
    Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum.

try to just keep to the &#39;security&#39; side of things please folks [/b][/quote]
    I honestly didn&#39;t realise that that could be construed as hacking, I only want to stop them hacking me.

But thanks anyway I didn&#39;t know hacking talk was barred so I wont ask anyone how to do it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast