Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 49.98% Of Windows Longhorn Compleate

I think some people will start to go to linux or something like lindows if they work,
    but what would be good is if Apple created an operating system for general pc's an not just there own, unless there is some kid genius(like the one who created mp3) who creates an operating system that can run most windows programs games ect.

Thats the problem really as most programs and games are designed on windows and if someone is to offer a real alternative the os will most likley have to run windows based programs until it becomes popular(as long as it doesnt use spywear) enough, so programs will be written for it.

well here's dreamin.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    This should be named after an exotic instect(bug) of some kind.
    any ideas?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    how about
    Windows Machilis maritima?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    windows faultis errori

billis gatesi erroris

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Windows: Codename Fishbyte

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by It Wasn't Me!@15 March 2003 - 03:55
    Microsoft LongHorn Is The newest and best Spyware Uncle Bill has come up with yet. Also Intel and Adobe just to name a few of a very long list that are along for the ride with the new fritz chip installed they all will be able to track of everything you do on your computer and I mean everything!!! Ripping Music,software and movies is Illegal and we all know this but we do also have a right to our privacy!! Soon we will not be able to control our own computers if we keep buying Microsoft products. This includes LongHorn. Do some reading on this subject and Im sure you will all see what is about to happen to all of us. Don't be excited about this new program be Pissed!!!!!!!!
    If your not connected to the net, they can't track anything.

Once LH is released, I'm sure there will be a few underground patches to 'enhance' it. Anyways. by 2005, linux is likely to have out done Windows. Anyone who has used recent versions of the better linux distros will know that linux is getting to be a very nice OS, nearly as good as XP. AS mentioned, the main problem is compatability with windows software.

Microsoft are taking a large gamble by releasing LH, it will be interesting to see how (un)popular it will be.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by DataMore@14 March 2003 - 21:38
    What about Windows BlackComb?
    What's that all about?
    blackcomb is the codename for the new ms .net server. this is going to be big.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by spudlover@15 March 2003 - 13:49
    If your not connected to the net, they can't track anything.

Once LH is released, I'm sure there will be a few underground patches to 'enhance' it. Anyways. by 2005, linux is likely to have out done Windows. Anyone who has used recent versions of the better linux distros will know that linux is getting to be a very nice OS, nearly as good as XP. AS mentioned, the main problem is compatability with windows software.

Microsoft are taking a large gamble by releasing LH, it will be interesting to see how (un)popular it will be.
    What do you mean If you are not connected to the net they can't track anything. Is that not the Point of having a computer? Do some reading on LongHorn,Blackcomb and you will quickly see there is no hack to go around the fritz chip. It notifies Micro$oft if that happens and they delete your files. Welcome to the future! Yes we all need an OS that can do the things that Micro$oft does but I am not sure that will come along very fast. This is a multi- Billion dollar industry and its very hard to change. We have all heard of cars that can get 100 miles to the gallon but do you see one for sale? No because there is too much money in Oil. Linux is also being attacked by Micro$oft and we all know why. Micro$oft wants to control the planet and it is happining right under our noses. "Long Live Open Source"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    windows codename: billy

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Ex-member
    49.98% Of Windows Longhorn Compleate
    I've got 99.99% of windows xp complete

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast