Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why You Should Not Be A P2p Leach

I learned that somebody cant hack you just because you’re sharing
    as long as you have three things: trojan remover, antivirus and a firewall...your safe.

worset they can do is upload you a virus/troajn...or just download off you without you knowing...thats another backdoor/trojan. so having those three and updating them daily your pretty much safe. for now.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    I have always shared ever since the days of napster and never had a problem.*knocks on wood*At present i'm stuck with 56k but i still share and deal with slow net surfing.I have a good Antivirus program and Adaware and i'm will be getting a firewall program soon,BTW any recomendations on a good Firewall program?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by merlin-1@15 March 2003 - 13:34
    *knocks on wood*
    could you just verify something for me?

Do people say "knock on wood" for like good luck so you don't jinx yourself?

firewall: i just use the XP one, i'm sure its not very good..

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    When you say knock on wood you are saying I hope what I just sayed doesn't come true, so it is to stop you from jynxing yourself basically.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Genius@15 March 2003 - 13:53
    When you say knock on wood you are saying I hope what I just sayed doesn't come true, so it is to stop you from jynxing yourself basically.
    ok thank you

been wondering about it for awhile now

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    i always thought it was "Touch Wood"
    ice ice baby

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    It is, was never any good at English

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by kAb+15 March 2003 - 21:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 15 March 2003 - 21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--merlin-1@15 March 2003 - 13:34
    *knocks on wood*
    could you just verify something for me?

Do people say "knock on wood" for like good luck so you don&#39;t jinx yourself?

firewall: i just use the XP one, i&#39;m sure its not very good.. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s a very good firewall but doesn&#39;t catch attempts to contact microsoft and send them your data.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Excellent post. Good points well presented. Thanks for that.

Has confirmed what I believed to be the case. Always good to have it confirmed so well.

Incidentally the UK phrase is Touch Wood, I believe Knock on Wood is the US version.

http://www.quinion.com/words/qa/qa-tou1.htm

is a fairly good explanation.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    I only let one person upload at the time, so that person get my full "attention"

Is that not the best way to do it, cos i&#39;m kind of wondering about that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast