Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip For Footballers

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by Lamsey@9 May 2004 - 20:06

Morts - football of course, in the US version they have 6 inches of body armour over any given part of their body
    Exactly!!! UK rules!!

Lamsey......I know how that feels dude, rub some vineger in it to make it feel better

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Really, Liam-you should have known.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by j2k4@9 May 2004 - 22:17
    Really, Liam-you should have known.
    I would have normally, we had been playing on a freshly-laid surface in the 5-a-side pitches which was excellent, but we moved onto the 7-a-side pitch which is badly needing relaid and I forgot to stop sliding

4. Lounge   -   #14
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    You know usually I do not get into this crap.But you all want to keep talking shit about our Game while we try and respect yours.Why don't you bring 10 of your Players over here and we will take off the pads and see how hard of a hit you all can take.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 May 2004 - 23:11
    You know usually I do not get into this crap.But you all want to keep talking shit about our Game while we try and respect yours.Why don't you bring 10 of your Players over here and we will take off the pads and see how hard of a hit you all can take.
    Converse: put 11 american footballers on a soccer pitch and they'd get destroyed by a British pub team.

You can have your brute force, we'll stick to the skillful game, thanks

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 May 2004 - 00:11
    Why not just cut out the middle man and have them beat up Lamsey?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Lamsey+9 May 2004 - 23:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 9 May 2004 - 23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 May 2004 - 23:11
    You know usually I do not get into this crap.But you all want to keep talking shit about our Game while we try and respect yours.Why don&#39;t you bring 10 of your Players over here and we will take off the pads and see how hard of a hit you all can take.
    Converse: put 11 american footballers on a soccer pitch and they&#39;d get destroyed by a British pub team.

You can have your brute force, we&#39;ll stick to the skillful game, thanks [/b][/quote]
    I should also reiterate that I played for two hours today with a gashed knee.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+9 May 2004 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 9 May 2004 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 May 2004 - 23:11
    You know usually I do not get into this crap.But you all want to keep talking shit about our Game while we try and respect yours.Why don&#39;t you bring 10 of your Players over here and we will take off the pads and see how hard of a hit you all can take.
    Converse: put 11 american footballers on a soccer pitch and they&#39;d get destroyed by a British pub team.

You can have your brute force, we&#39;ll stick to the skillful game, thanks [/b][/quote]
    Also understand that it is 2 different Sports.Played with different skills.

It seems us Americans hardly ever talk about your soccer but you all like to talk about our Game.

We show respect for what you all do with the skillfullness of Soccer.Yet where is the respect of brutal force and long drives in what we call "Football"?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    FC has a point there, I can see Beckham now, running away crying

How about put the Rugby team against the Americans and then see who has brute force

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 May 2004 - 23:19
    We show respect for what you all do with the skillfullness of Soccer.Yet where is the respect of brutal force and long drives in what we call "Football"?
    We reserve that for rugby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast