Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story Of This Forum

Site Owner
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@18 May 2004 - 18:04
    Thanks for being so honest, but I do wonder why it took so long for you to come clean?

Anyway, thanks for being so honest
    Well personally I didn't really have anything to "come clean" about. I didn't want to say anything about 7th until I knew for sure he was not getting back to me. I didn't want to call him a scammer if in fact he was just not replying due to an emergency or something. Its been over 1 month now so I feel I gave him adequate time to get back to me on this.

Oh yes please, that would be really nice.

Thanks for explaining things Brian, let's move forward with the board rather than looking back at problems.
    I can't agree more :-)

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Why did I pay this much? Because 7thelement (Marc/Mario) showed me revenue statistics that were extremely inflated. He actually fabricated a bank statement showing me this. I bought the forum with the promise that it will make me money, but most of all because I loved the community. Well 7th screwed me big time. I found that instead of making over $1000 per month according to 7thelement, it was costing over $400 per month to run.
    I don't understand how this forum could ever bring in $1000 a month. Is it really possible for just one banner ad to bring in that much anyway?
    I wouldn't know, I've never ran a commercial website before.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@18 May 2004 - 22:39
    Why did I pay this much? Because 7thelement (Marc/Mario) showed me revenue statistics that were extremely inflated. He actually fabricated a bank statement showing me this. I bought the forum with the promise that it will make me money, but most of all because I loved the community. Well 7th screwed me big time. I found that instead of making over $1000 per month according to 7thelement, it was costing over $400 per month to run.
    I don't understand how this forum could ever bring in $1000 a month. Is it really possible for just one banner ad to bring in that much anyway?
    This isn't a commercial website

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@18 May 2004 - 21:39
    they get paid as beta-testers for the new software "anti-spam" hence the dalaying tactics...

j/k

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@18 May 2004 - 22:39
    A link to a commercial site, which provided commission on a sales basis may do it.

The Kazaalite scamware site (banner) advertised large profits for referrals. I think it suggested that just one sale a day referred would generate that sort of income. I didn't read it all tho'.

Point is let's enjoy a good steady fast board. That's what we all want. If Brian can recoup his costs, or even better make a profit from things that the members are happy with then cool. Banners, donations and merchandise seems OK so far. Other ideas would probably be appreciated.

We just don't want to be associated with the sort of scam that we have been fighting against all along.

Long live the board :beerchug:

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Originally posted by Chevy@18 May 2004 - 22:47

j/k
    Are you??

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Originally posted by danb+18 May 2004 - 21:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 18 May 2004 - 21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chevy@18 May 2004 - 22:47

j/k
    Are you?? [/b][/quote]
    can&#39;t say cos I&#39;ve downloaded the fst admin scripts for the next month&#39;s episodes

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Originally posted by Chevy+18 May 2004 - 22:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevy @ 18 May 2004 - 22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@18 May 2004 - 21:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-Chevy
    @18 May 2004 - 22:47

j/k

Are you??
    can&#39;t say cos I&#39;ve downloaded the fst admin scripts for the next month&#39;s episodes [/b][/quote]
    any good?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    I like Moderaton Street to be honest, more shouting and they had that killer on, whats his name....Lamesy thats it

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Originally posted by danb+18 May 2004 - 21:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 18 May 2004 - 21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@18 May 2004 - 22:39
    Why did I pay this much? Because 7thelement (Marc/Mario) showed me revenue statistics that were extremely inflated. He actually fabricated a bank statement showing me this. I bought the forum with the promise that it will make me money, but most of all because I loved the community. Well 7th screwed me big time. I found that instead of making over &#036;1000 per month according to 7thelement, it was costing over &#036;400 per month to run.
    I don&#39;t understand how this forum could ever bring in &#036;1000 a month. Is it really possible for just one banner ad to bring in that much anyway?
    I wouldn&#39;t know, I&#39;ve never ran a commercial website before.
    This isn&#39;t a commercial website [/b][/quote]
    Well what else do you call a website that has ads?
    It sounds like 7thElement wanted to run this site as a business or something.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast