Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did I Miss Something?

Retired
    Originally posted by Marius24+12 June 2004 - 15:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marius24 &#064; 12 June 2004 - 15:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@12 June 2004 - 12:34
    We also think we may have found out the security hole in the board software.
    so it was hacked? [/b][/quote]
    thats what we think.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by jetje+12 June 2004 - 14:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 12 June 2004 - 14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@12 June 2004 - 15:25
    <!--QuoteBegin-SeK612
    @12 June 2004 - 14:09
    It&#39;d be quite hard to crack a password on the forum using "software". If most of the mods have decent passwords then it&#39;d take many attempts which would take time and probably would turn up in some logs somewhere.

Invision boards (and most forums) are setup so the admins cannot see the passwords used by members and so it&#39;s not easy to find out a users password from a account in another forum.

No but an admin can change it.

So hyopothetically speaking if someone managed to give themselves access to the admin cp they can change whoevers password they want and start to use it
    but as he for one started changing posts of mine... why wouldn&#39;t he have taken my account in the 1st place instead of RTJ... Maybe cause my psw was unknown..?? [/b][/quote]
    Ah yeah, I forgot about your posts being edited

I will go back into the corner and sit quietly

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Originally posted by muchspl2@12 June 2004 - 12:11
    is your password the same as over at the other fourm
    Good point - I think you got it there.

But what about the IP stuff?

Rip - get your PC scanned asap

Happy Birthday :beerchug: (how old are you this time)

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Originally posted by muchspl2@12 June 2004 - 12:11
    Hey guys... it&#39;s me again... sorry I have to return at such a bad time.

Passwords in IPB databases are stored in their MD5 hashed format. Even if it was a terrible password, brute-force cracking would (literally) take millions of years.

People who know me know my stance on black-hat hacking and how much I hate both it and the people who do it. Trust me when I say I want to find the bastard who did this as much as you guys do.

In case Brian&#39;s interested, I found my way in through the smiley generator, jacked the DB&#39;s server, name, and password, ran a couple queries to give myself administrative access, and backed up team chat. Then I downloaded a working June 3rd copy of the database.

Oh yeah... happy birthday, KrackHead. Nice to see you again.

Peace.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Site Owner
    We never sad that RTJ did do this. We had to ban the account incase it was a security flaw.

As for ip addresses the same ip address had bene used for a few days before this incident occured. But as I looked further into the matter, it is different then the one used by RTJ a couple weeks ago.

Brian

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    So its not RTJ. I knew it&#33; But we got to find the guy who hacked in.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by Injustice+12 June 2004 - 17:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Injustice @ 12 June 2004 - 17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@12 June 2004 - 12:11
    Hey guys... it&#39;s me again... sorry I have to return at such a bad time.

Passwords in IPB databases are stored in their MD5 hashed format. Even if it was a terrible password, brute-force cracking would (literally) take millions of years.

People who know me know my stance on black-hat hacking and how much I hate both it and the people who do it. Trust me when I say I want to find the bastard who did this as much as you guys do.

In case Brian&#39;s interested, I found my way in through the smiley generator, jacked the DB&#39;s server, name, and password, ran a couple queries to give myself administrative access, and backed up team chat. Then I downloaded a working June 3rd copy of the database.

Oh yeah... happy birthday, KrackHead. Nice to see you again.

Peace. [/b][/quote]
    Who are you pray tell.

Your words read as if you are haxor, is that right or am I off the mark because I missed something else. There has been a lot going on.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by danyj@12 June 2004 - 15:39
    So its not RTJ. I knew it&#33; But we got to find the guy who hacked in.
    Is your sig accusing me? &#39;cos that&#39;s a bit h4r5h...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Injustice@12 June 2004 - 17:26

These two items at first glance contradicted each other, but then...

Am I right in assuming that you were the one that hacked into the RTJ account and created the hole, and that someone else you knew used that hole to do the malicious action?

If it has, this just got a little more interesting

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Originally posted by Illuminati+12 June 2004 - 19:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 12 June 2004 - 19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Injustice@12 June 2004 - 17:26

These two items at first glance contradicted each other, but then...

Am I right in assuming that you were the one that hacked into the RTJ account and created the hole, and that someone else you knew used that hole to do the malicious action?

If it has, this just got a little more interesting [/b][/quote]
    he was saying how he got the modworld files

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast