Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roooooooooneeeeeyyyy!

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    May I add: Rooooney Rooooney Roooooney!
    The kid has got fire in his belly and he has channeled that into some great football tonight. I hope he can keep his attitude in check and go on to become one of the 3 lions greats. Bring on Portugal, I'm sure we can go all the way.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    he is a boy in the body of a man !!!!!!!!! acorrding to the comentator

I thought he was a right spaz till I saw an interview with him............. now I think he's well cool.......... almost a little sweetie

I said almost
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by jetje@21 June 2004 - 22:49
    If your not chauvinistic, you know the guy ain't that good. it's just the english that think he's that good.
    The guy plays in a opportunic way, but lacks skills to be one of the best players ever. He's just better then average, not much more then that.
    but that's my opinion
    I hope the Portuguese defence feel the same way as you, and give him as much room as the Croatian defence did!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Rooney is a hype, he's 18 has a decent season behind him but to be a great player it takes some more. Well he sure played some tough defences`like Switzerland, Croatia....

Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he's bad. Well as i said that's what i mean with Rooney, he ain't bad but he sure ain't a great player, at least not yet.... Zidane that's a great player...

btw no need for Rooney in the orange squad.... we have plenty of good strikers, only thing the orange squad needs is a good manager/coach

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by jetje@22 June 2004 - 13:09
    Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he's bad.
    exactly my thoughts...
    i hope owen gets a goal in at least, i feel sorry for the guy.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Zidane that's a great player....
    ahh, the chest control and the left-footed cross, a legend he is

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Rooney is a hype, he's 18 has a decent season behind him but to be a great player it takes some more. Well he sure played some tough defences`like Switzerland, Croatia....

Look at Owen, when he was young he was ROOOOONEY... now you all dish the guy cause he's bad. Well as i said that's what i mean with Rooney, he ain't bad but he sure ain't a great player, at least not yet.... Zidane that's a great player...

btw no need for Rooney in the orange squad.... we have plenty of good strikers, only thing the orange squad needs is a good manager/coach 
    Oh dear. you're getting this all out of proportion, no-one has said that Rooney is a great football player - as seems to be the premis of your current argument - Great football players are normally judged on their ability and achievement, thus deemed so toward the end of their career or after their football days are done. Certainly not when they're 18. While Mr Rooney can claim to be the apple of an adoring public's eye he plainly cannot claim to be a footballing great.

However.

In rebuttal to {I}{K}{E}'s assertion that "rooney is not a good player" a few people have pointed out that Rooney is not only an excellent football player but also the best young player at the tournament AND more talented than anyone in the Dutch squad.

The above statement is almost certainly true.

What is not true is when you mention the orangemen needing only a good coach. In my opinion their most pressing need is for nothing less than one point, but probably three, against Latvia in conjuction with the Czech's preventing a German win.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Rooney is god damn mother f*cking good and one of the stars of the tournament so far...argue that!

You can't.

How many other players are getting that sort of attention? Nobody in an orange shirt is.

Personally, speaking for the English, i would say he has the chance to be a world great in time. The same as Owen did. Not everybody lives up to it. Rooney is good at what he does, not many mistakes last night, what more can you ask for?

There are a lot of unsung heroes too...Ashley Cole...Sol Cambell...Gary Neville...they didn't do anything outstanding, but they did what they needed to, just enough, i call that a job well done. Rooney is surrounded by a bunch of world class players in this tournament and week in and week out, plays against some of the best in the world too...the guy can do nothing but learn from this.

I am not so chauvanistic to say he is the new Pele (cos there is only one Pele) but in Wayne's own right, he could be the next big thing to hit the footballing stage.

Now all you others that are not English, stop pretending that you would not want Rooney, you know you would...4 goals in 3 games (or 2 games if you want to be precise)...maybe not against the world's best defenders but he did something right to get into those positions to score. Both Switzerland and Croatia had to qualify for the tournament so they must be good to an extent. And don't forget Rooney's assists so far...not just luck.

The boy has shone, may look a little like Shrek but he really is excelling and bringing England together...priceless

9. Lounge   -   #39
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by threelions00@22 June 2004 - 18:56
    Rooney is god damn mother f*cking good and one of the stars of the tournament so far...argue that!

You can't.

How many other players are getting that sort of attention? Nobody in an orange shirt is.

Personally, speaking for the English, i would say he has the chance to be a world great in time. The same as Owen did. Not everybody lives up to it. Rooney is good at what he does, not many mistakes last night, what more can you ask for?

There are a lot of unsung heroes too...Ashley Cole...Sol Cambell...Gary Neville...they didn't do anything outstanding, but they did what they needed to, just enough, i call that a job well done. Rooney is surrounded by a bunch of world class players in this tournament and week in and week out, plays against some of the best in the world too...the guy can do nothing but learn from this.

I am not so chauvanistic to say he is the new Pele (cos there is only one Pele) but in Wayne's own right, he could be the next big thing to hit the footballing stage.

Now all you others that are not English, stop pretending that you would not want Rooney, you know you would...4 goals in 3 games (or 2 games if you want to be precise)...maybe not against the world's best defenders but he did something right to get into those positions to score. Both Switzerland and Croatia had to qualify for the tournament so they must be good to an extent. And don't forget Rooney's assists so far...not just luck.

The boy has shone, may look a little like Shrek but he really is excelling and bringing England together...priceless
    i don't compare him to a guy in Orange shirt, but i truly can say that outside the island you're on, they show respect for what Rooney has shown this far, but see it in proportion. Your own 1st post stated how much is he worth, well the guy can't be worth twice the price for a already arrived star like Henry... that's all i like to say.
    He has to prove himself a little longer....

oh and please keep Rooney, we already have plenty of good strikers. That, and our Dick is our problem....

10. Lounge   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by jetje@22 June 2004 - 20:53
    i don't compare him to a guy in Orange shirt, but i truly can say that outside the island you're on, they show respect for what Rooney has shown this far, but see it in proportion. Your own 1st post stated how much is he worth, well the guy can't be worth twice the price for a already arrived star like Henry... that's all i like to say.
    He has to prove himself a little longer....

oh and please keep Rooney, we already have plenty of good strikers. That, and our Dick is our problem....
    agree with all that.

glad you've changed your outlook jetje. consider yourself pwned
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast