Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Treasure Games.

Poster
    TERRANIGMA

IMHO, the best RPG ever (for SNES).Many of you maybe don't know it.That's because it was never released in the USA.

Terranigma:Emulator:
    :gunsmile:

2. Games   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    teh harvest moon series.

and if anyone sees legend of the river king (gbc) in a bargain bin or rom site, buy it. one of the mostt most under-rated gamees in teh world. i lost my copy and missed it (i missed a game, note to self: get out more)

3. Games   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yep, I'm with Gepper lad in saying Harvest Moon

Another two decent ones are Fallout (and definitely its sequel Fallout 2) and Final Fantasy Tactics. Its GBA outing is pretty good, but nothing compared to the PSX version.

Having said that, once you've had a look at FFT there's no way to get around the Front Mission series either...

4. Games   -   #14
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Crusader of Centy

one of my favorite RPG's of all time!!!

People Who Love The Classic Zelda MUST get this game. This game is kinda like a Zelda clone only a 10x better in my opinion!

Download Here

Emulator

have fun... i know i did

5. Games   -   #15
    oh SHIT how could I forget GRAAL!!! it's an online adventure game that started as a zelda spoof-ish thing (it's been around for like 6 years, I used to love it) http://www.graalonline.com/ now they got all gay and make you pay for the full thing, but i'm sure you can get it somewhere for free .
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

6. Games   -   #16
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Zork all the way!

Too bad it won't run on xp anymore.

@Monkeee: Thxs I just dled it, and it looks quite good.

7. Games   -   #17
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think Earthbound is a pretty tight Snes RPG game. It's a modern life mod of your average snes rpg..
    for example:
    Coke, Burger, Fries: Cureing items
    Bat, Bottle Rocket, Gun: Weapons

the game may seem modern, but there's also alot of unknown/psychedelic stuff as well.
    It was the first snes rpg I played and I thought it was awsome.

8. Games   -   #18
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@25 June 2004 - 02:25
    I think Earthbound is a pretty tight Snes RPG game. It's a modern life mod of your average snes rpg..
    for example:
    Coke, Burger, Fries: Cureing items
    Bat, Bottle Rocket, Gun: Weapons

the game may seem modern, but there's also alot of unknown/psychedelic stuff as well.
    It was the first snes rpg I played and I thought it was awsome.

looks cheesy what do you do?

9. Games   -   #19
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    check out the GameFaqs Earthbound Reviews

Here's one of them:

Earthbound one of the games that most people discounted for the SNES has been hated by millions for it's cartoonish graphics and innovative style, but has been loved by nearly everyone who has picked up a cartridge and played the game and here is why:

Graphics: 10
    Ok, now these graphics might not be exactly like the graphics of some of the games of today, or even some of the games out at the time, but they perfectly get over the element they try to express. The cartoonish graphics fit the game well and allow for all the action in the game to take place without a hitch, you can't see any pop-up or un-rounded polygons in the game. Great graphics all around.

Sound: 9
    Most of the sound is great, and if you play it for just a couple of minutes odds are you are going to start humming the themes of each area, to perfection. The sound may be simple, but it fits the game nearly to perfection. By far one of the best soundtracks in videogame history.

Storyline: 10
    Again, one of the top parts of the game, this story line is amazing. I've never seen anything that could surpass this. It was put together so well, that you could feel like you were part of the game. The storyline gave you an experience that is unmatched by even today's best batches of RPG's.

Innovation: 10
    This game was the one that truly showed how good an RPG could be, and also showed that an RPG could happen and not be based around the dark ages, with knights and dragons. This game was the one that paved the way for games like Super Mario RPG.

Replay Value: 10
    This game could not have anymore replay value, it came out in 1994 and I got to play it that day, and guess what I still do, nearly six years since the game was released and now I'm still playing it, it's gotta be the best RPG of all time, and without a doubt one of the longest lasting.

Buy or Rent: If you can still find this thing, buy it, you won't regret it, this is among the top games of the system, very few can even touch the pinnacle of excellence that this game first established years ago. This game is without a doubt the best game to never go ultra-popular.

I personally think the game was overlooked and is worth playing.

10. Games   -   #20

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast